Post by Itendtomarketalso » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:00 pm

Post by Itendtomarketalso » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:55 pm

Hey,
I want to return products to be displayed on my category page between 2 price ranges. I have managed to get this working without a product having a special but not with. All code in the controller and view pages work fine, it's just the model.

This is the code I use within the getProducts method.

Code: Select all

if (!empty($data["PriceLow"]) && !empty($data["PriceHigh"])) {
    	$sql .=  " AND (CASE WHEN special IS NOT NULL THEN special WHEN discount IS NOT NULL THEN discount ELSE p.price END) >='". $data["PriceLow"] ." ' AND (CASE WHEN special IS NOT NULL THEN special WHEN discount IS NOT NULL THEN discount ELSE p.price END) <='". $data["PriceHigh"] ."'" ;		}  
Without the case it's prefect.
I saw a similar tread on stackoverflow but it didn't fix this, in fact it returned an error.

Also, when it works without the special using the following code:

Code: Select all

if (!empty($data["PriceLow"]) && !empty($data["PriceHigh"])) {
    	$sql .=  " AND p.price >='". $data["PriceLow"] ." ' AND p.price <='". $data["PriceHigh"] ."'" ;
		}  

It returns empty products, meaning the page navigation is available with products missing between. So page one can have 3 products, 2 five products, 4 no products and 5 two products

Post by straightlight » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:44 am

I saw a similar tread on stackoverflow but it didn't fix this, in fact it returned an error.
What error? More information is needed.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON