Post by 4matt » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:36 am

I am unable to uninstall modules from Admin>extensions>extensions>modules. If i click on the uninstall button the window comes up "are you sure?"
I click ok and it processes but does not uninstall the module. It this a known bug? I could not find it when I searched.

Post by straightlight » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:43 am

No OC version posted. Inquiry about a perspective bug.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by 4matt » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:56 am

apologies ver 2.3.0.2. It is a new install with a number of extensions added. This happened once before and and i ended up doing a reinstall of the whole site because it was still new and not many modifications at that stage.
Also it won't complete an ocmod installation via the install function. I don't know if these problems are connected?

Post by straightlight » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:20 pm

Also it won't complete an ocmod installation via the install function.
What is the provided message?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by 4matt » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:17 am

Hi Straightlight
Thanks for the help
There is no error message. What happens when I click the uninstall button? Popup confirmation appears "are you sure?" I click "yes" It processes but the module is still installed and the uninstall button remains red. I tried refreshing the modifications page and the cache but no change.

Post by straightlight » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:11 pm

If the extension you are attempting to uninstall originates from the marketplace or from a 3rd party website, contact the extension developer to resolve this issue. Something went wrong during the uninstallation process.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by 4matt » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:22 am

I have found the problem but not the solution. I have reinstalled ver 2.3.0.2. I noticed that when I install vqmod at mysite/vqmod/install I can no longer uninstall any extensions via ext/ext/module. As described above, I click the red uninstall button and the "are you sure" pop up appeasr. I click yes and it goes through the process but it does not actually uninstall the mod. I haven't installed any 3rd party mods. It only has the pre installed mods.
Is there a fix for this?

Post by straightlight » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:11 am

Ensure to use the latest version of VQMod.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by 4matt » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:24 am

I am using vqmod ver 2.6.1 which is the correct ver for OC2.3.0.2

Post by straightlight » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:26 am

Which extension are you trying to uninstall?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by 4matt » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:18 pm

I've tried to uninstall numerous extensions eg. bank transfer, cod, flat rate shipping. and others. but once I do the vqmod install it won't uninstall extensions anymore.
Today I restored a backup of the site that doesn't have vqmod installed. ie it comes with ver2.3.0.2 (softaculous install via cpanel release July 2017) but I had not done the vqmod install mysite/vmod/install. So the extensions will uninstall just fine. Then I did the vqmod install and the ext uninstall stopped working. There is no error message. It appears to be processing normally but the button stays red at the finish instead of going green. This happened when I tried to uninstall the eway module. the uninstall function did not completely uninstall it but it did remove some database tables so I began to get fatal errors.
In summary: If vqmod is installed the ext install function is fine but once an ext is installed it won't uninstall it.
if vqmod is not installed it all works fine. It actually only causes a problem if I have to uninstall/install a mod. In such cases i will have to manually remove each file and upload them again.
Maybe i'll move on quickly to ver 3x?

Post by straightlight » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:22 am

Then I did the vqmod install and the ext uninstall stopped working.
Not an issue with Opencart. Contact Qphoria on vqmod.com .

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:30 am

What vQmod scripts do you have installed? vQmod Engine is the gun, not the bullet. It in itself cannot cause harm if it doesn't have a script loaded. Check in the vqmod/xml folder and try removing all files there aside from vqmod_opencart.xml as that's the main file that must stay. Then add them back one at a time, testing the uninstall function each time until you find the culprit. Then contact the author of that script.

Administrator

Post by 4matt » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:16 pm

Thanks for the reply. I have solved the problem. I followed your suggestion and removed all the xml files but it did not fix it so I gather it was not an issue with vqmod files. I restored a back up of the site without the problem and reinstalled ext's until the problem happened and it was actually a theme editor that caused it. I managed to get an error from a cart popup that pointed to the editor.
I just removed all the files and reinstalled it and problem gone!!