Post by Deliveren » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:38 am

Hello all,

I hope somebody can help me, because I am getting crazy. I read everything that is written about it on this forum.I have searched for a solution now for 3 days long and still don’t have a solution. Please help me…

The problem

The customer mails are being received. But I don’t receive the alert and contact us mails. I cant see what the problem is since I cant see anything in the error reports.

Specifications

Opencart version: 1.5.1.3
Using Google apps to send and receive mails
I am not using an ssl certificate at the moment

The way I set up the tab Mail at this moment in Opencart:
Mail Protocol: Mail
Mail Parameters: Blank
SMTP Host: ssl://smtp.gmail.com
SMTP Username: <your Google Apps Admin e-mail address>
SMTP Password: <your Google Apps Admin password>
SMTP Port: 465
SMTP Timeout: 5
New Order Alert Mail: Yes

I already tried the following thing but they did not help:

1. Switch mail protocol to SMPT
This made the problem worse. The customer mails don’t get delivered as well when I use this option. Besides that I received the following errors in the error report:

PHP Warning: fsockopen() [<a href='function.fsockopen'>function.fsockopen</a>]: unable to connect to ssl://smtp.gmail.com:465 (Connection timed out) in /home/xxx/domains/xxx.nl/public_html/system/library/mail.php on line 161

PHP Notice: Error: Connection timed out (110) in /home/xxx/domains/xxx.nl/public_html/system/library/mail.php on line 164

2. Changed SMTP Port to 587
No difference: the customer mails are being received. But no alert and contact us mails.

3. Added Mail parameters: -finfo@mywebsite.nl
No difference: the customer mails are being received. But no alert and contact us mails.

4. Changed SMTP Host to: smtp.gmail.com

5. Enabled SSL in Opencart seetings

6. Enabled SSL in my GOOGLE apps amdin

As you can see I tried a lot. Can somebody pleasssssssssssseeeeeeeee help me. I am loosing it here ???

Thanks in advance.

Post by Deliveren » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:28 pm

Nobody replied yet, but I was lucky enough to have a friend who helped me with this problem. I am so happy that I want to share this with everyone because it frustrated me so much.

My problem was that port 465 for outgoing was closed. After I asked my hosting company to open this port the problem was solved. So check if your port is closed as well if you are experiencing the same problem.

Post by azpirulito » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:20 am

THANK YOU!!!

I was able to find out that my host ( bluehost ) does not support external smtp. So I cannot open port 465
:(

Post by bolson67 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:36 am

azpirulito wrote:THANK YOU!!!

I was able to find out that my host ( bluehost ) does not support external smtp. So I cannot open port 465
:(
If you are using bluehost & google apps (mail), you need to:

1. create a user email in your cpanel account. (even though you already have one in google apps. you can use a unique/different password.)

2. change the SMTP Host to "ssl://boxXXX.bluehost.com" (where XXX is your bluehost box number. You can see this in cPanel on the left column "stats" as "hostname"

Hope that helps!

Post by murri » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:53 am

Thank you for this post!

I spend a whole day trying to find a solution, even the bluehost support team was not able help me.. till I found this post. Now my emails are being sent as expected and everything is working perfect.

Thank you!!

Post by ross.blackdoor » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:14 am

Hello,
I have this very same issue, I have a website hosted with BlueHost and the emails being used for the site run through G Suite Google. I'm not receiving the order notification emails but I am receiving the contact form submissions and customer sign-up notifications.

Sorry, can you explain the exact requirement please?

Are you saying I need to set-up the exact same email address used(with Google) in my BlueHost cPanel and input all the BlueHost credentials?
I'm checking because your replies read that you are inputting the SMPT credentials but leaving the protocol as 'Mail' yes?

Would you please confirm the exact settings I input in my OC Mail settings?
i.e.
Mail Protocol: ?
Mail Parameters: ?
SMTP Host: ?
SMTP Username: ?
SMTP Password: ?
SMTP Port: ?
SMTP Timeout: ?

Please help,
Thank you.