Post by barakka » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:16 am

I have decided to make the move from shared hosting to a Dedicated Virtual Server with my hosting company... LINUX config running Plesk. New to this though, only ever done shared hosting before.

I've created a domain and setup hosting and enabled SSI, PHP (Apache), CGI, Perl and FastCGI...

I created a MySQL server instance and setup an empty database in the hosting package.

I then FTP'd the files into the httpdocs folder and did the manual install, all went fine, and VERY quick :)

Problem is I can't log in to the Admin side... just times out.... the front end is fine, but no admin.

Basically it just thinks about it for around 8 mins then give the error:
Notice:Error: MySQL has gone away
Error No: 2006
UPDATE currency SET value = '1.00000',date_modified = '2011-12-08 20:58:07' WHERE code = 'USD' in /var/www/vhosts/xxxxx.xxxxx.co.uk/httpdocs/system/database/mysql.php on line 49

I've checked the config.php files in the root and admin and the DIR_DATABASE entry is the same in both and the front end works fine... :(

Any Ideas what I can try ?

“Reeling and Writhing, of course, to begin with, and then the different branches of arithmetic -- Ambition, Distraction, Uglification, and Derision." - The Mock Turtle

Location - UK

Post by nguyendaihp » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:46 am

I also have a problem, as above, Help me

Post by rph » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:04 pm

It's trying to auto-update currency values and the database is timing out. I'd start by disabling the auto-update and seeing what happens. You can run the following in phpmyadmin:

Code: Select all

UPDATE setting s SET s.value = '0' WHERE s.key = 'config_currency_auto' AND s.value = '1'

-Ryan

rph
Expert Member

Location - Lincoln, Nebraska

Post by barakka » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:41 pm

Fantastic !! Worked a charm... Thanks !!

Next problem is Image Manager not showing anything !!!

Oh the fun of it all !!

:)

“Reeling and Writhing, of course, to begin with, and then the different branches of arithmetic -- Ambition, Distraction, Uglification, and Derision." - The Mock Turtle

Location - UK

Post by mhafeezmm » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:31 am

Hi rph,

Thanks for your solution! Works like a charm indeed!

Worked on OC1.5.3.1 :)

Cheers and have a nice day.