Post by donb » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:29 am

I need to sell ebooks and other file downloads, and so far, OpenCart seems to handle that better than the others.

However, I can't seem to get my store properly configured.  I can get items in my store, add them to my cart, register and receive emails.  I am unable to checkout.

I've searched these forums and google and haven't been able to find anything that would help.  Apologies if this is someplace easy to find and I just skipped over it.

I'm using PayPal for payment and as far as I can tell, the PayPal extension is configured correctly.  As far as I can tell, the store is configured correctly.  As far as I can tell, the PayPal account is configured correctly.

Is there an installation doc or comprehensive readme available that I have found yet?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post by Daniel » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:33 am

What is the last page you can not checkout on?

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by donb » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:51 am

When checking out I only get as far as index.php?route=checkout/cart.  Clicking checkout doesn't do anything.

UPDATE
I'm not sure what I did this time, but I got past that page and now I get the following error.

Error: Unknown column 'product_id' in 'field list'
Error No: 1054
INSERT INTO order_product SET order_id = '1', product_id = '49', name = 'Fireball Tim's "HOLLYWOOD MOVIE CAR" Design Book ', model = 'fbb001', price = '2.5', discount = '0', total = '5', tax = '0', quantity = '2'
Last edited by donb on Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by fido-x » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:36 am

Login to your administration and select "Admin->Configuration->Setting", click the "Option" tab, then click "Yes" for "Stock Checkout".

As for the error you are getting, see this link http://forum.opencart.com/index.php/top ... l#msg15483.

Fido-X.

Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!

Expert Member

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by donb » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:48 am

that seems to have worked for the first thing, going to the other forum for the db errors.

Thanks!

Post by donb » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:52 am

I can take payment via paypal, thanks for the help with that.

Maybe I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but how should downloads work? Should there be a link in an email? Or does the customer have to go back to their account page and follow the download link?

Speaking of which, from the account page I can download as many times as I want, eventhough I have the number of downloads (I think) set to 1. I'm also seeing the following error at the top of the screen.

Code: Select all

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for /home/fireball/public_html/store/download/MovieCarDesignBook.pdf.082b89816686f5a362ffd4d4f87b0bc4 in /home/fireball/public_html/store/catalog/controller/account/download.php on line 61

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for /home/fireball/public_html/store/download/MovieCarDesignBook.pdf.082b89816686f5a362ffd4d4f87b0bc4 in /home/fireball/public_html/store/catalog/controller/account/download.php on line 61

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/fireball/public_html/store/catalog/controller/account/download.php:61) in /home/fireball/public_html/store/system/library/response.php on line 65
The file isn't that big (less than 1MB). It's just a pdf.

Again, is there some documentation that I'm missing? Does someone already have an OpenCart setup for software or ebooks that I could take a look at?

Post by Daniel » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:07 am

you've found a bug.

I'm going to add a fix in the next release.

Administrator

Post by donb » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:49 am

Lucky me! ;)

I look forward to that release. Meanwhile, I'll figure out a different way to sell eBooks.

BTW, the look of the forums is very cool. Nicely done!