Post by maybeweb » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:51 pm

Hi guys,
Currently my webstore www.liturgix.org is running on OC 1.5.4. platform. I recently changed the hosting company and was trying to migrate to store but got some difficulties with the admin panel accessibility. At the same time, I took the time to read around and realized that it was about time to upgrade the store to OC3.0.2. So, now I am trying to figure out how to go about it.

My current store is not too complicated. I use a couple of paid modules which are available in the 3.0.2 version and I will purchase them again. Also, I customized the default template a bit and will need to do this again for the new OC 3.0.2. store, manually I suppose. I am actually ready to start everything afresh to avoid errors and misunderstandings along the upgrading process, if it is possible at all.

So, please guide me and advise how to go ahead, step by step. I presume first I need to install OC3.0.2., create a database, configure the store, install the custom modules, customize the default theme to look similar to my current webstore OC1.5.4. However, I am most concerned about the database and how to import it, if that's possible. I may add the products, categories and products' options manually. But I don't know how to go about customers and orders, for example.
So, here I am... a bit discouraged but still hopeful that I can make it.
Waiting for your guidelines based on experience and knowledge - how to create my new OC 3.0.2. store once and for all.
All replies and your time are appreciated!
Thanks!

Location - Sofia, Bulgaria

Post by straightlight » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:07 pm

To avoid all these steps, you could simply create a new request in the Commercial Support section of the forum to get this done asa a custom job.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON