Post by barnone » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:52 am

Recently made some theme upgrades on an opencart.

Chrome and Safari and phone browser all work fine.

I tried to open in IE ( most likely an old version) and it just loads and loads and provides a non responding error. I forced ctrl f5 and hit compatibility view, I get a big notice at the top that I am using an old browser, or can try another browser. The website also locks up at this stage. Worried about potential customers seeing this and not being able to access site.


Any ideas on a fix, or where to look for a fix.

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:49 am

Post by barnone » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:02 am

OC Error log shows:

2017-06-22 18:58:12 - PHP Warning: getimagesize(/home/xxx/public_html/image/no_image.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxx/public_html/system/journal2/classes/journal2_utils.php on line 355

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:49 am

Post by barnone » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:21 am

For some reason update didn't include no_image file. Sourced it and added it where it needs to go, but still same issues with IE. Error in log is gone though.

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:49 am

Post by barnone » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:34 am

Just checked am running IE 11, so not outdated.

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:49 am

Post by barnone » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:58 am

Tested in Chrome, Mobile, Safari all works.

Tried in another computers IE and it seemed to work.

I can get it to work on the main computer if I type https, instead of http. As soon as I click around to a non SSL piece it locks up again.

Any thoughts?

So glad I never use IE. :)

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:49 am

Post by barnone » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:06 am

I think I have it figure out.

I made no changes to ht access during this process. For some reason ie was hating the url.

I added

RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R=301]

to my htaccess file to convert http to http automatically and everything seems good to go.

Probably was an error on my local system because I never use ie.

I'll consider case closed.

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:49 am

Post by MrPhil » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:30 am

barnone wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:58 am
So glad I never use IE. :)
Yeah, but think of how many of your customers will be using IE! Scary, isn't it? Someone coming in from a large corporation or a government office might even still be at IE6!!

Per your next post, I was going to suggest that maybe you have some non-SSL content on an SSL page. Browsers vary by how they handle that -- some will merely ignore the non-SSL content, some will flag it and make noise (but otherwise render the page), and others may flat out refuse to show the page. You may want to look for non-SSL JS, CSS, image, etc. files and clean those up.

Is your site entirely SSL, or just selected pages are SSL? You mentioned forcing all incoming URLs to SSL, to fix the problem, so I suspect that your intention is to have a 100% SSL site. If so, you should always have a redirect from http: to https:, in case someone types in http:. And don't use "HTTP_HOST"... use your domain name with (or without, as appropriate) www, even if you have a "wildcard" SSL cert (for better SEO).

This combines both forcing SSL and using www. in the domain name.

Code: Select all

RewriteCond  %{HTTPS}  =off   [OR]
RewriteCond  %{HTTP_HOST}  !^www\.mydomain\.com  [NC]
RewriteRule  ^(.*)$  https://www.mydomain.com/$1  [R=301,L]
Modify if you don't use "www.".

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Wed May 10, 2017 11:52 pm
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests