Post by slycrespo » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:12 pm

Hello!
I have transfered my website to another server, but now the site is not working. I think it has something to do with the database driver, because i get this error in virtualmin:

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'else' (T_ELSE), expecting function (T_FUNCTION) in /home/name/public_html/system/database/mysqli.php on line 54

I don't know what to do... I am using Opencart 1.5.6 , Please help me... Thanks

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:21 am

It depends on how you managed to 'handle' your DB, when you tried to download a Backup of it. It should ONLY have been made by use of the SERVER MyPHP Admin Database Tool, and you should have downloaded it, INCLUDING it's Tables, and everything, as FULL DB, not only as (OC-default Admin partial) DATA-Backup file.

Otherways, you need to regularely re-install your SHOP again on the new Server, in order to create it's TABLES again (by use of the same DB Prefix, like oc_, as before!). Then, delete the SAMPLE install Data (BUT NOT THE TABLES!), and then, RESTORE the Content of your existing DB-Backup to the new empty DB.

And if you used some Extensions before, possibly 'manipulating' DB Sections/Content, you also need to re-install all those Extensions again, in order to link 'em correctly, to find their (existing) DB-Place and Values again, but only AFTER you re-installed your Shop, and it all worked swell!

Good Luck! ;)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland