Post by Sergio » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:12 am

I've been playing with OpenCart 1.4.7 for weeks. Yesterday, I installed OpenCart 1.4.8. Everything looks pretty good, but the problem is that the administrative side requires that I put in the password every time I click the page. So, if I click "Dashboard" it will ask me to enter the login credentials. I do. Then if I click "System" > "Settings" it will repeat the process. Every button I press, results in the same login window.

Is there a way to register this with whoever maintains OpenCart? Or is there a known workaround? It's actually not so bad since everything still works. Just a little annoying.

Post by Qphoria » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:21 am

You did not upload some files then. If you have all 1.4.8 files you won't see that error. Sounds like you either didn't upload the new header.php file, or you tried to install a mod that replaces that file and also removed the token stuff.

Administrator

Post by banane » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:28 am

sometimes happened to me too
closing and reopening the browser was enough to solve the matter

Post by Sergio » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:07 am

Thanks guys. It wasn't the case, but at least we're on the road to troubleshooting.
Qphoria wrote:You did not upload some files then. If you have all 1.4.8 files you won't see that error. Sounds like you either didn't upload the new header.php file, or you tried to install a mod that replaces that file and also removed the token stuff.
This is a plain vanilla 1.4.8 installation with a single addition of the import/export function. However I had added that one to 1.4.7 as well and it did not have this effect.

Following your suggestion, I downloaded a new OpenCart installation & uploaded the items again to my server. All the while making sure that I did not overwrite. Instead I skipped all present files & the ones that would have been missing would be uploaded.
banane wrote:sometimes happened to me too
closing and reopening the browser was enough to solve the matter
I have tried several times since yesterday (on several browsers: Firefox, Chrome & IE).

Post by Qphoria » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:20 am

Sergio wrote:This is a plain vanilla 1.4.8 installation with a single addition of the import/export function.
BINGO

Administrator

Post by Sergio » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:38 am

Qphoria wrote:
Sergio wrote:This is a plain vanilla 1.4.8 installation with a single addition of the import/export function.
BINGO
Circle Gets the Square!

What are we talking about?

Post by Qphoria » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:47 am

import/export comes with a custom header.php file... so as I said above. Restore the header.php file from the 1.4.8 zip and wait for import/export to be updated to 1.4.8

Administrator

Post by Sergio » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:50 am

Qphoria wrote:import/export comes with a custom header.php file... so as I said above. Restore the header.php file from the 1.4.8 zip and wait for import/export to be updated to 1.4.8
Ahh, thanks for elaborating. Now I have a good place to start in the way of fixing it :)

Post by Xsecrets » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:16 am

well actually the import/export mod has now been updated for 1.4.8

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US