Post by apmuskel » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:21 am

just installed swedish translation to a new 2.3.0.2 OC shop.
Some tranlations I would like to change to a better suited one and a few is missing.
Is there an easy way to browse the site with firebug or something and get the info to witch php language file I should edit?

For example the add to cart button text is to long in swedish, would like to have it just say "buy" in swedish.
Im sure someone can point me in the right direction for that specific example(and please do) ...but, if I would like to figure out for myself, is there a smart way to do this?

thx

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:08 pm

The smartest way would be, to look into the /LANGUAGE/... Subdirectories, every Section/Module/e.t.c.,
usually has it's own language file, in the USER and ADMIN Section.
Ernie
laanguage_files.jpg

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by apmuskel » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:29 am

well, I am aware of that.
But in some cases(alot actually) there is no obvious dir path to go look in...not for me anyway

I was hoping someting in the source code would give you a hint
Before the php is compiled you can see the php call for the transaltion, it would be awsome to see that while browsing but I dont think I thing like that is possible on a live site right?

Guess I have to go look thru the files in the language folders but its a bit time consuming.
For instance, was looking for the "free shipping" text in the check out.. took me ages to find the php file then find the string with that translation :P

If I have had a hint for the path and string name it would be done in seconds

Post by IP_CAM » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:00 am

just don't make it complicated, just search for the content, then, you'll find out easy, where it is and to what it probably belongs. ;)
Ernie
free_shipping_content.jpg

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by apmuskel » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:52 am

hehe guess your right, its not a big problem and I do get by just looking for the most probable location