Post by bleggee » Fri May 20, 2016 4:59 am

Hi all - I installed & configured an instance of Opencart 2.2. Exverything was working perfectly (Payment gateways, extensions, etc)
The I decided to change from GB English to US English, which I did by going to Systems/Localization/Languages and adding Language Name "English", Code "English" from the dropdown, Status "Enabled", and "Sort Order" of 2. Those 4 fields are the only choices I have (seems to me I've seen 7 choices on this screen but maybe that's just for earlier versions of Opencart? Or is that a clue that something is wrong?)
NOW at this point, if I open the store, on the default language English GB I have a Home Page with Banners & Sliders, but no Products. AND if I select the option for English US, then I have Products but no Home Page Banners nor Sliders.
And if I try to change the Language code and Save, I get a green "success" message, but the change is not saved.
Or I get a Red message saying "Warning: You added before the language! "
SOOOOO I seem to have dug myself into a fairly big hole and can;t figure out how to fix!
Can anyone help/advise?
Thank you

Post by IP_CAM » Fri May 20, 2016 10:43 pm

you usually have to download/add a language-package first, before you can set it, to make it work.
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by bleggee » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:18 pm

Not sure why I cannot find a Language Ext for US English for Opencart 2.2. Can anyone point me to one?