Post by ceid-ass » Sat May 27, 2017 5:24 am

Hi, I would like to ask 2 questions that are bothering me for days now.

[1/2] I have succesfully created a coupon that gives e.g 10% discount on every product on my site, if the coupon is used by the customers.

At the order confirmation, the customer enters his coupon code and the coupon behaves exactly as it should.

The thing is, HOW does the customer know he even has a coupon? I know the coupon code because I am the one that created it, but I have not figured out a way to give it - or even ALERT - a customer that he has a coupon. If the customer attempts to enter the correct coupon code, he will get the discount but he is never notified that he has a coupon. Is there a solution to that or am I missing something very big and I made a stupid question?

[2/2] Is it possible for a customer to GIVE a coupon code to another customer as a gift( e.g for his birthday)?

Or I have to implement the gift using vouchers?

Thanks!!!

Post by thekrotek » Sat May 27, 2017 12:48 pm

Well, apparently you have to inform customer somehow about coupon code: via mail, your site etc. Don't see any issues with that.

And yes, customer of course can share this coupon with anyone.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by ceid-ass » Sat May 27, 2017 6:19 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 12:48 pm
Well, apparently you have to inform customer somehow about coupon code: via mail, your site etc. Don't see any issues with that.

And yes, customer of course can share this coupon with anyone.
Is there an option to inform a customer that he has received a coupon on the site? I have not found such option yet

Post by thekrotek » Sat May 27, 2017 8:07 pm

ceid-ass wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 6:19 pm
Is there an option to inform a customer that he has received a coupon on the site? I have not found such option yet
I'm confused. Why do you need special function for that? Can't you just email the customer and tell him about coupon?

Expert Member

Post by ceid-ass » Sun May 28, 2017 6:04 am

thekrotek wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 8:07 pm
ceid-ass wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 6:19 pm
I'm confused. Why do you need special function for that? Can't you just email the customer and tell him about coupon?
Is there a free way to do it? Every addon that notifies the customer by email about a coupon is not-free

Post by thekrotek » Sun May 28, 2017 6:33 am

ceid-ass wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 6:04 am
Is there a free way to do it? Every addon that notifies the customer by email about a coupon is not-free
You can send an email to customer yourself and it'll be absolutely free.

Expert Member