Post by nickeverest » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:06 am

Hi,

I want to offer discounts based mainly on order value subtotal (ie total value of products before shipping, taxes etc). The discount will be a percentage of that subtotal, but each product will be assigned a maximum percentage discount which may be below the level earned by virtue of the overall order value.

For example, my customer may order £1000 of widget X for which the maximum available discount is 10%, and also £1000 of widget Y for which the maximum available discount is 15%. A £2000 order attracts a maximum discount of 15%. So my orders total extension needs to calculate total order value (£2000) and thereby recognise max disc available as 15%. It then needs to discount the subtotal for widget X at 10% and the subtotal for widget Y at 15%, etc etc, subtotal all the calculated discounts, then subtract them from the original overall subtotal to give order value before extras.

Is the built in OC Order Totals module able to do this, or can anybody recommend an extension which can??

Regards,

Nick

Post by Johnathan » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:31 pm

I think Category & Product-Based Fee/Discount would work for you. You can set up different discounts based on product, category, or manufacturer, and then combine them (or list them individually) as a line item on the order.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator