Post by watermelon » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:10 am

Hello,

Long story short, one of my payment methods breaks whenever I add any sort of additional taxes/fees on top of an order. It will only process the basic (Price x Quantity) subtotal. Lacking a solution, and being unable to use the normal tax/handling fee/low order fee features of Opencart, perhaps a workaround would be to multiply the final order total somewhere in the code, to effectively act as a handling fee.

Would anyone be able to provide a solution which changes the total to act like ($total * 1.03)?

I'd then simply rename 'Total' in Language to 'Total with 3% Handling Fee' or similar. I'd then be able to apply my extra fee without using any of the usual features in 'order totals' which cause my payment method to break.

I'm willing to PayPal some money to anyone who provides a solution.

Post or PM, thanks!

Post by thekrotek » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:50 am

Your task is a bit unclear. From current description I can't understand, why don't you just use handling fee order total.

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by watermelon » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:58 am

Ok let me break it down again:

1) One of my payment methods does not work when I have any sort of additional order total. Adding taxes or handling fee or low order fee causes this payment method to break. I do not know why this happens or how to fix it.

2) Knowing this, I still want to add an additional fee to all orders.

3) Perhaps by simply multiplying the total by some value directly in the site's PHP code, I can effectively add this fee without using any of those order totals.

4) This will allow me to charge a fee without my payment method breaking.

I hope this is clear.

Post by thekrotek » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:23 am

How about you just uninstall and forget about that stupid payment method, which breaks your totals? Or you can contact extension's developer and ask him to fix this, because not a single payment method should break any order total.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by watermelon » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:41 am

The payment method is 100% essential to the business. Working on figuring out a fix for it. If that can't be done, this would be my alternative solution.