Post by 100Geeks » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:52 pm

Hello,

I am looking for an extension to apply a global discount based on the selected option.

Mainly my web site offers many products and every product has two options: size : small, large ..etc / and concentration: 30mg, 50mg, 100 mg ..etc

What I am trying to do is:
when a customer add two of the same size or same concentration to his cart (mix and match for products) the price of one product will go down from $19 to $18, and when he add three of the same size or conc. to this cart (mix and match) the price of one product will go down from $19 to $17 ..etc

How to do that?

Any idea or recommendation of extension is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Post by Django29 » Tue May 03, 2016 3:28 pm

Hi
Did you find a solution for this discount on total price (base + options) ?

All the Opencart extensions I found apply the discount only on the base price. It doesn't include the options selected.

Post by straightlight » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:39 am

What if the product with their related options are being left out in the cart for a while and the product can no longer be retrieved on stock once the customer gets back later on? In other words, how will the product price be discounted the way you describe with this involved?

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

F. Rules:

- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480
- viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200804

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Django29 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:46 pm

Sorry straightlight, I don't understand the problem you mention.
The problem I see is, for ex :
Unit price : 100 €
Discount price for 3 and + : -10 % => 90 €
Option A selected : + 20 €
= > Total price : 120 €
The client selects quantity 3
He thinks he will pay (120 x 3) - 10% = 324 €
But he can see : (100 x 3) - 10 % + 20 x 3 = 330 €

Post by straightlight » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:16 pm

So, again, after those calculations, what if the added to the cart product is out of stock and can no longer be compared later on when the customer comes back, how must Opencart calculate the price if the product is no longer on stock after a period of time and the customers did not purchased the product yet by the time they get back to your store?

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

F. Rules:

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Django29 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:56 pm

I still don't understand where is the problem you're talking about.
If the product is out of stock, anyway the client will not order.
And if a registered customer save a cart, and comes back later when the product is available, I don't see neither where is the problem, if a global discount has been applied on a product price + option.

Post by straightlight » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:46 pm

You do realize that the product option value is only relevant to the product store right? Which means that if the added product either for guests or customers is no longer active in the store, how can the product option value be deducted with the main product if even the main product is no longer relative from the store once the customer / guest adds a product to the cart and just leaves it there for a while, decides to come back afterwards. The calculated price will not be stored by default into the database which means when either of those category of people will come back to the store, the added products to the cart will be re-calculated and with different price results compared to the last time period when the product was active.

Not that this query itself is irrelevant saying but I do tend to see this request as being pretty much similar as the product specials that is already implemented into Opencart since specials and discounts can be foreseen for a temporary time period on anyhow.

F. Rules:

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Django29 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:27 pm

Thanks a lot to take the time to try to explain me all that, even though I don't think (the part I understood in) what you say is a real problem.
The question is only when the client wants to order, and wouldn't understand why the discount for quantities is only applied to the basic price, and not the options included. A live price update extension shows the new price with the option(s) selected included, above the discount price without options.

I'm just looking for an extension doing that.