Post by swisslink » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:47 am

I have a problem in OC 2.1.0.1 every once in a while someone inputs an invalid zip code and the order goes through paypal with out any shipping charges.

if they pay by credit card it will stop the payment, but when it goes through paypal it processes the order without shipping charges

I am using the FedEx Wdsl mod from qphoria, but not sure if that is part of the issue. guest can put in state and invalid zip and form allows it to process even though shipping type has not been selected. any ideas?

Post by thekrotek » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:55 am

PayPal doesn't depend on postcode or any other type of shipping info. It processes the data, which YOU send to them. So if you don't see shipping quotes on PayPal checkout page, this means, SHIPPING method didn't return any.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by Johnathan » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:31 pm

It sounds like you're using a custom checkout. If no shipping options are available, then the customer shouldn't be able to get past that step of checkout in the default checkout. If you're using a custom checkout, it may not be checking that properly before proceeding to PayPal, which would be a bug in your custom checkout. You should contact the developer of that checkout to see if they can take a look for you.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator