Post by beebee » Wed May 25, 2016 10:20 pm

Hello,

I having been trying to find a way to apply shipping automatically instead of it appearing as an option in the checkout. I have setup a "Flat Rate" shipping of $10 [for eg.] and "Free shipping" for orders above $100.

At this point, in the checkout, if the orders are above $100, it shows both "Free and Flat Rate" shipping with a radio button and if it's below $100, it says "Flat Rate" shipping. I don't want this! I would like this to appear only on the "Confirm Order" section.

I looked for support in the forum and found similar issues, however, the solution provided was not for ver2.2. For e.g.,

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 4&start=20

A lot of these topics have the same/ similar solution. So, I tried my luck and got the below error in the "Shipping Method" section of the checkout page:

Notice: Undefined variable: quote_data in /home/blingssf/public_html/DBTEST/catalog/controller/checkout/shipping_method.php on line 41

I also tried to hide "STEP 4: Shipping Method", but this means it doesn't add shipping at all to the order.
Has anyone had luck with this?
If this is not possible, can you suggest an extension that can auto calculate shipping removing section 4?
I tried a few extensions, even the single page ones, however, they either have the shipping method show up or it skips shipping completely.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
B
Last edited by beebee on Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

BeeBee
When the going gets weird, the weird turn Pro!!

Post by Johnathan » Thu May 26, 2016 10:20 pm

Automatic Shipping can automatically add the lowest shipping cost to the cart. If Free Shipping is available, it will add that, and if only Flat Rate is available, it will add that. However, customers will still be given the option to choose a shipping during checkout.

However, with Hide Checkout Steps you can hide the shipping step so that it is skipped. It will apply whatever shipping cost shows up first in the shipping step, so if you set the Sort Order for Free Shipping to something lower than Flat Rate, it would apply that if available. You could use Hide Checkout Steps by itself, or together with Automatic Shipping (if you want the shipping to show up before the customer gets to the "confirm" stage of checkout).

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by beebee » Thu May 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Johnathan wrote:Automatic Shipping
Thank you for the suggestion Johnathan,

I had used a hide shipping extension that actually removed shipping completely and did not add it to the order total.
I just wanted to confirm that if I choose "Automatic Shipping" extension, it will apply flat rate to all products below a certain amount that I setup and calculate free shipping for orders above that amount, without the customer having to choose in the checkout page?

BeeBee

Post by Johnathan » Fri May 27, 2016 11:58 pm

Automatic Shipping pulls your shipping rates just like the checkout, then picks the lowest one and applies it as the "Shipping" line item to the order. If you have a mod that is hiding the shipping completely, it may affect Automatic Shipping, so I can't guarantee it would work without disabling that mod.

Otherwise, as long as your Free Shipping is set up to only be available above a certain total, then Automatic Shipping would apply that above that total, and Flat Rate below that total.

Administrator

Post by beebee » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:47 am

Hey guys,

Just came across another thread that reported the same issue by for an earlier version. However, the solution provided by "barakka" works well on ver 2.2: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 26#p622726
barakka wrote:I had the same problem, what you need to do is modify the flat rate module so that if the "free shipping threshold" has been exceeded the flat shipping is disabled.

In /catalog/model/shippping/flat.php find:

Code: Select all

$method_data = array();
Insert this on the next line:

Code: Select all

if ($this->cart->getSubTotal() > $this->config->get('free_total')) {
			$status = FALSE;
		}	

Or if you use VQMOD use the attached file

HTH :)
Hope this helps!

Cheers,
B

BeeBee

Post by arcovirtual » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:14 am

I have another problem and I can not find a solution, my version is 2.1.0.2 OC, in my case, no shipping fee is calculated despite enabling all shipping fees, no fee is added at the end of the purchase is an impossible to my power to make it add up, the value sent to the total of the final shopping cart after step 4 :(

Post by Johnathan » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:39 pm

Sounds like you disabled the "Shipping" Order Total, which controls the display of that line item. You can re-enable it in Extensions > Order Totals > Shipping.

Administrator