Post by moneycarlo » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:49 am

using oc 2.3.0.2

I've going through lots of extensions and posts but i don't think I'm finding what I'm looking for. I need a module that allows me to allow different shipping methods depending on the product or category in the cart. I have products that can only be shipped Fedex but also have books that can be sent Media Mail.
Most of the product/category extensions seem to want you to plug in various rates or prices based on a criteria. I'm looking for more like, if the cart only has a book, only give Media Mail option, or if it has the big stuff, only FedEx. If it's a mixed cart of books and other stuff, it would fail the books rule and fallback to default shipping options.
Any Ideas or experience with any mods that do this?

Post by Johnathan » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:28 pm

Restrict Shipping Methods can do this. You'd set up restrictions to determine when methods are enabled (e.g. enable Media Mail when the cart does not have a non-book product) and that would let you set when those methods would appear. Each restriction is evaluated independently, so if you wanted only the default shipping to show when both restrictions are active, that's possible.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator