Post by natalie-fse » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:18 pm

Hi all.

I'm a developer who's just inherited a bunch of Open Cart sites. Whilst I'm new to OC, I'm not new to web development so in a sense know what I'm doing :)

Have come across a weird issue with some orders on one site where we're missing information; for example last name, or postcode. The only correlation I can find between these orders is that they use the Paypal, or Paypal express checkout module.

My question is, how does the Paypal module work? Does it use information from Paypal to populate the billing/shipping address? Or does it use the OC checkout form? Also has anyone else experienced this issue and know of a solution?

Post by Johnathan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:13 am

PayPal Express is unique in that it approves the payment first, then the customer proceeds to the checkout. This is not how standard OpenCart payment methods work, so it's almost definitely what is causing the missing information.

Try switching to the PayPal Standard extension temporarily, and see if that fixes it. PayPal Standard works as a standard payment method, so if it fixes the issue, then you can just stick with that. If that doesn't fix it, then it's probably not payment-related.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by thekrotek » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:32 am

I'm having the similar issue with PayPal Standard. For some orders paid via PayPal payment and shipping addresses are not populated at all. I can see it in order editing form. The error is pretty random and doesn't happen all the time.

Too lazy to debug this :-)

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by yancp » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:29 pm

Same here with Paypal Standard in older Opencart version though, usually the shipping country is missing which causes the order to not get a shipping cost at all, this is random and not often but certainly would be happy to pay for a solution if someone comes up with one.