Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:21 pm

We have a UK customer running an OpenCart 2.2.0.0 based website who recently experienced a number of fraudulent payment transactions via PayPal Pro which could have been prevented if a 3D Secure was set up.

Can the OpenCart PayPal Pro be set up with proper 3D Secure support? Is this something which needs to be done on the Paypal account itself? If so, where?

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by straightlight » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:52 pm

Followed are all the files found in the latest release of Opencart regarding 3Ds and 3DSecure:

Code: Select all

admin/controller/extension/payment/pp_braintree.php
catalog/controller/extension/payment/cardinity.php
catalog/controller/extension/payment/globalpay_remote.php
catalog/controller/extension/payment/pp_braintree.php
catalog/controller/extension/payment/realex_remote.php
catalog/controller/extension/payment/sagepay_direct.php
catalog/controller/extension/payment/sagepay_server.php
catalog/model/extension/payment/globalpay_remote.php
catalog/model/extension/payment/realex_remote.php
admin/language/en-gb/extension/payment/firstdata.php
admin/language/en-gb/extension/payment/pp_braintree.php
system/storage/vendor/braintree/braintree_php/tests/TestHelper.php
system/storage/vendor/braintree/braintree_php/tests/integration/TransactionTest.php
It may not be for the release you are asking about specifically. However, it does provide the files you look for based on the latest release that Opencart uses these days.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Johnathan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:35 pm

This may not be what your client wants, but Braintree (now owned by PayPal) supports PayPal payments, as well as 3D Secure. My Braintree Payment Gateway Pro can do both, so it may be more cost effective time-wise to have your client sign up for a Braintree account, and then use that to accept credit card / PayPal payments.

If your client (or you) prefer to use PayPal Pro then no worries, but I thought I'd mention it.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:02 am

Johnathan wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:35 pm
This may not be what your client wants, but Braintree (now owned by PayPal) supports PayPal payments, as well as 3D Secure. My Braintree Payment Gateway Pro can do both, so it may be more cost effective time-wise to have your client sign up for a Braintree account, and then use that to accept credit card / PayPal payments.

If your client (or you) prefer to use PayPal Pro then no worries, but I thought I'd mention it.
Does your Braintree Payment Gateway PRO allow to use the current PaylPal Pro credentials (API Username, API Password, API Signature)?

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by Johnathan » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:49 am

Braintree is now owned by PayPal, so all you do is link your Braintree account to your PayPal account, and then it will work. You don't need any API info. I haven't specifically tested it with a Pro account, but I think you probably don't need that. (That's a paid monthly fee, right?) All you need is a business PayPal account.

When Braintree charges a PayPal payment, it passes through the charge from Braintree to PayPal, so you still get charged PayPal fees. There are no monthly fees beyond that.

If your client *needs* to stick with PayPal Pro for some reason and use those API credentials, then unfortunately it's probably not going to work.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:11 am

Thank you for your explanations. I just tested it on your demo site, and will present it as a possible payment gateway solution to my client. I think the main reason they use Paypal Pro is because it allows the card details to be entered securely on the client's website, rather than on the Paypal end, thus giving it a more unified user experience with the website's web theme.

Guru Member

Post by straightlight » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:57 am

That's a paid monthly fee, right?
That is inclusive in their billing cycle options, yes. There are also other payment period options that is provided other than monthly with PayPal Business accounts, including those that can be provided via their API for customers.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON