Post by loginname » Tue May 09, 2017 1:34 am

opencart 2.3

Already we have paypal configured, but are looking for something better for processing credit card payments from international clients. The clients will be mostly from EU/USA (not Africa). So would prefer something that works in all western countries. There are about 46 extensions to chose from as payment gateways. So wonder which is best.

I know paypal can handle credit cards and you don't even have to be a paypal member, but at at a meeting today I was told that in my country few are paying with paypal, so we need an alternative that is easy for the customer.

Post by IP_CAM » Tue May 09, 2017 9:16 am

Well, if there would be a BEST, there wouldn't be any others, I assume.
And successful OC-Users sure don't come here, to tell potential future
Competitors, how to do something, that it works best. Just keep this in mind. :D
Good Luck !
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by jeremyjustus0916 » Wed May 10, 2017 11:41 am

I recommend stripe for direct CC payments on your site. Opencart has a free plugin if you search for it. It has one bug to fix but you can figured it out by reading the comments section on the plugin.

Post by Johnathan » Wed May 10, 2017 10:16 pm

If you end up going with Stripe and want a gateway with support or additional features, I have a Stripe Payment Gateway as well. I use Stripe for my own credit card processing and really like them -- they have a clean interface and a nicely designed API, and everything is organized well, so I usually recommend them.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator