Post by glolar » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:58 pm

OpenCart 2.3.0.2

Testing a 20% off Coupon that I set up. The order gets processed by PayPal just fine (I receive the payment), but the order shows up as Cancelled in OpenCart.

Order Statuses in the PayPal Payments Standard are:

Canceled Reversal Status = Canceled Reversal
Completed Status = Complete
Denied Status = Denied
Expired Status = Expired
Failed Status = Failed
Pending Status = Pending
Processed Status = Processed
Refunded Status = Refunded
Reversed Status = Reversed
Voided Status = Voided

I noticed that under the Option tab in the System Settings for the Store, there is the following in the Checkout section:

Fraud Order Status: Canceled

The help icon for the Fraud Order Status field says "Set the order status when a customer is suspected of trying to alter the order payment details or use a coupon, gift voucher or reward points that have already been used".

The order had the same Billing Address as the Shipping Address (except for the name). Billing address has the card holder's name, but both the card holder (name on Billing Address) and customer (name on Shipping address) live at the same address. All other values for the Billing Address and Shipping address were identical.

Do I just need to change the Fraud Order Status field to Complete or Processed???

I found a similar question on the forum, but that person had their Order Statuses all set to Canceled in the PayPal Payments Standard extension. That is not my problem.

Thanks in advance.

Location - San Diego, CA

Post by thekrotek » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:51 pm

Yes, there's such issue with default Coupons extension. It checks improperly for coupon usage data. It happens mostly, when you're trying to edit an order and your coupon usage limits were reached. This isn't PayPal, who marks your order as fraud, but Coupons extension.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by glolar » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:40 am

thekrotek,

Thanks for the reply. But this is a coupon with unlimited usage. There is no coupon limit to reach, and I was not "editing an order". By the way, the order was eventually Canceled in PayPal and the payment refunded. This is a REAL issue. If I cannot offer coupons without OpenCart thinking they are fraudulent transactions, then the Coupon feature in OpenCart is useless.

If this is a known issue, what is the fix? Anyone?

Thanks in advance!

Location - San Diego, CA

Post by thekrotek » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:58 pm

The known issue was the one I described. If you say, that PayPal cancelled it, than it is not even related to OpenCart. Contact PayPal support and ask them, why this particular order was cancelled.

Expert Member

Post by glolar » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:14 pm

The order showed up in OpenCart admin as Canceled immediately. It wasn't until hours later that it showed up in PayPal as Canceled. So, it must be OpenCart that Canceled the order, due to the Fraud Order Status setting in the Store.

If this is a known issue, as you say, is there a known fix? I searched the forum and cannot find any reference to it.

I am keeping your info on file for future reference, in case I need development work, but for a "known issue", that's what this forum is for (to hopefully find a "known fix") ;)

Location - San Diego, CA

Post by thekrotek » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:46 pm

Like I said "it happens mostly, when you're trying to edit an order and your coupon usage limits were reached". And THIS is a known issue, which I specifically addressed in Advanced Coupons extension. As for your particular case, I can't say it's a known issue.

Expert Member

Post by doydot2018 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:03 am

Settings>Options>Checkout above Fraud Order Status: Canceled, have these been set correctly?

Order Status
Processing Order Status
Complete Order Status

Post by glolar » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:30 pm

doydot2018,

Order Status: Pending
Processing Order Status: Complete
Complete Order Status: Complete

Location - San Diego, CA

Post by cffrost2 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:47 am

I am having the same issue. Open cart v2.3.0.2

I had a customer checkout and use a coupon and the order shows Failed but was processed through paypal. I'm going to wait a while to make sure it's not reversed as the OP stated.

I tried to change the status to Pending but it only adds Failed again to the order history.

I am using the Advanced Coupons extension as well. This is a problem. Is there any fix to this? And what do I do about the order?

Post by glolar » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:27 pm

cffrost2,

This is how I got around this problem:

Edit your store settings: In the Options tab for the store settings, set "Fraud Order Status+ to "Complete" and save. That feature seems to be overly sensitive, hence it is useless.

Location - San Diego, CA

Post by cffrost2 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:00 am

Ok. Could I use pending instead to keep from any confusion with my employees? Would that still keep it locked and not allow us to change the status and update the order?

Post by glolar » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:05 pm

cffrost2,

I don't know, you'd have to test it, or ask someone who knows.

Increase Your Child's I.Q.
iPad Wallpapers
Turtle & Tortoise Screen Savers

Location - San Diego, CA