Post by Britishconnection » Wed May 09, 2018 1:45 am

We are currently using a data entry team to upload 1200 products for us from an excel database.

They are taking quite a while to finish uploading because the team is telling me that the admin system gets really slow when they have two or more people uploading at once.

We gave them multiple logins for them to use individually but that didn’t solve the problem.

I have been referred to a bulk image uploaded (images being the biggest culprit of the problem.) But I want to know if there any other faster ways to streamline this kind of work.

I know there are bulk upload products out there but what would one have to do in order to translate an excel database to an open cart admin language to ease direct upload?

Currently our databases have our own unique columns for reference outside of the opencart product upload parameters but we are willing to change whatever is necessary to make it work faster.

Post by OSWorX » Wed May 09, 2018 10:17 pm

You could use one of those import/export extension.
With that your import will be done in a few seconds - except the time you need to fill the excel sheet ..

Forum Rules: viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200480
Commercial Request: viewforum.php?f=88

Expert Member

Location - Austria