Post by al404 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:38 pm

Not sure if is the theme or OC but is doesn't seem possible to add 2 featured modules to the home page since JS is handle by container id #featured

I would like to know if i can find a mod that allow me to add 2 featured models at home page, or an external module that would skin like the featured module ( since I'm using a theme ) or that let me pick the products to add in new products module

I can't use new products because we need to hand pick witch product is display inside the 2 home carousel

Post by Johnathan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:39 pm

Flexible Products Module works like a multi-featured module. Each one can have its own products, and you can place as many of them on the page as you want. They also include their own product listing page, if you want to list all products for the module on their own dedicated page.

The extension uses your theme's special.tpl file, so it should render the same as the featured module for your theme. If it doesn't, your theme probably uses some customization to core OpenCart files --- I can't guarantee compatibility with that, but I can at least take a look for you if you contact me at www.getclearthinking.com/contact after purchasing. If I can't fix the issue, I can at least suppress any error messages on the page.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator

Post by thekrotek » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:41 am

It is much easier to edit the code in this case. Basically, you just need to add class "featured" and target JS to class ".featured" instead of id.

Try it, might help.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email support@thekrotek.com

Post by al404 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:47 am

it would be easier but who realized the theme did target #featured with all the other carousel and they spread CSS all over the style
is a pretty big mess, not a really good theme

Post by thekrotek » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:07 am

Do simple search for "#featured" in theme files and see, where it targets id. The replace it with ".featured" and you're done.

Of course, it's worth the efforts, only if you like this theme a lot. Otherwise I'd said "Duck it!" and downloaded another theme :-)

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email support@thekrotek.com