Post by oclcas » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:01 am

It's a "banner analytics" module, which hopes to track loads and clicks of banners throughout an Opencart Site.

It's all functioning minimally right now (stores every click to a database, along with a variety of other information). Now I'm trying to figure out the best way to display it.

Right now, in Admin > Design > Banners > (Edit a banner) i'm just showing the summary data, and will probably add a link so that people can get an idea of what's occured over time.

http://imgur.com/a/SDmzA

Basically seeing what you would do to make it look nice on here. For instance, to me it's not at all clear the the view and click counts are being displayed for the banner above the listing, etc.

Made a few mods that just work behind the scenes, first time I'm trying to add something to the UI, so I thought I'd ask for feedback along the way.

Thanks!

Post by artcore » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:40 am

Nice idea. You could add a column to the table with the viewed/clicked values
Or I would probably create a dashboard module for this as you now have to get into the banner editor to view anything. Maybe a top 5 most clicked banners with its preview image, maybe timeline for when it was clicked. Hope it'll inspire ;D

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.
Reason: OpenCart version 3+ ;D

Thanks!

Location - The Netherlands

Post by oclcas » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:45 am

Yes - I have a new table that records each time a banner is loaded and each time it is clicked, saves each record along with IP Address, Useragent, etc. So all of the data is there to be accessed.

A dashboard module is a great idea though! Just need to figure out how best to visualize it.

Post by artcore » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:58 am

In that case you can even use it to get conversion rate for a banner so shops can weed out banners without effect. Maybe see if it can be tied to a sale for timeframe order and banner url match :D
Let us know when finished,
Cheers

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.
Reason: OpenCart version 3+ ;D

Thanks!

Location - The Netherlands