Post by MIS3 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:28 am

Hi,

I have searched the market but I'm looking for opinions from users that have actually used this filter.

What I am searching for is a filter that is integrated with the categories I have on the website.

So instead of adding options in to the filter, I just want to add a new category as usual and want that to show in the filter automatically.

The agency I use have told me they'll need to make it custom, however I feel like there must be something like this out there already!

Cheers

Post by Johnathan » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:40 pm

If you're using attributes, I have a Filter by Attribute Module extension that will pull the attribute values automatically, and display them for any listed product in that category. It should work as long as you have your attributes set up, and values assigned in the product data.

If you're using the built-in OpenCart filters instead, Ultimate Filters Module can list those. It also has the ability to filter attributes, options, price, stock level, rating, and other things.

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by MIS3 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:42 pm

Hi Johnathan

We currently do not use attributes. Everything is categorised i.e:

Select Car > BMW > 1 Series > F20> (all products for F20 shown here)

Each of the above is an individual page. What I require is for all the products to be shown on a page with a filter on the left side which allows the user to select BMW > 1 Series > F20 and all the products for this car can then be displayed.

I have used Mega Filter Pro in the past however Excelport doesn't support third party extensions.

Post by Johnathan » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:27 pm

If those are all categories, then Dynamic Categories Module might work for you. It's designed for this kind of structured category setup, where you can drill down to a specific sub-category or product.

If that won't work, I'm not sure there's another extension that's going to work, so you could either get the Mega Filter Pro developer to fix that, or you could hire someone to create something specifically for what you need. If you need to find a developer, you should post a request in the OpenCart "Commercial Support" forum, which is checked by a number of OpenCart developers. You can also try checking out the OpenCart "Partners" area.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator