Post by andywoodrow » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:20 am

I have a question from an existing customer that has a site for retails customers at the moment that would like to have a separate 'trade' section but only have to update the one catalogue.

(1) Create a new "Trade Log in" on the top menu. (current retail site)
(2) When clicked it goes to a brand new website, e.g. trade.domainname.co.uk or domainnametrade.co.uk
(3) Trade partners have to create an account with some basic business facts and the system generates a standard email with their password.
(4) This new website has just (a) a catalogue of all products and (b) a new buy it now function with standard trade prices for each product and a simple order form. No gallery, no other info pages that the retail site has, but perhaps new wording on "become a stockist".
(5) We get the emailed order as currently.
The only issue I can see with this is the requirement to maintain two catalogues on two websites, unless there is a way of updating one catalogue for both sites to access?

Any pointers would be really grateful. Thank you :-)

Cheers,
Andy

Post by IP_CAM » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:26 am

Well, you don't have to change much for such, just create two different Kinds of
Customers, and the final Price can be made dependent on the Customer-Status.
This way, in order to get Wholesale Prices, one needs to be logged in. Or then,
anybody would be able to access such a Site, wich would sure not make sense ... ::)

But I really do not know, what VALUES will be shown on Pages, where Prices exist,
i.E. on Category + Product Pages, Bestsellers, Latest, e.t.c., if, by example, no Special
Price has been defined in the Admin Product Page. You have to check on such first,
since I never tested this yet. Just to have it mentioned ... :D
Good Luck !
Ernie
---
download/file.php?mode=view&id=35172

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by andywoodrow » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:33 am

Hi Ernie,

Thanks for your time to reply. Really appreciate it. Having sat with the customer, he's now going to start adding 'Trade' prices to ALL of his products, which is great. In the meantime, we've come away with this as his 'wish list' for how he would like the Trade section to work:

1. Trader login from the main retail site top navigation ('Trade customers' for example)
2. Customer goes to a simple "Login" page for trade customers with an option to "Register".
3. The Register CTA to send an email to the store owner.
4. The account is then activated once the store owner has approved.
5. When you log in from the same simple "Login" as above, trade customers are presented with a stripped down version of the retail site.
6. Customers to add products from a list (grouped by ranges/categories). May need some heavy mods to the standard build?!
7. Sub Total dynamically to show once they hit £100, shipping is free (again may need some heavy mods to the standard build), otherwise, £7.50 postage.
8. No payment on Trader login, as the order is made and store owner will then raise an invoice to Trade customer outside of OpenCart.

Do you think this is doable or a total no way?

We're using OC 2.1.0.1

Cheers,
Andy