Post by trixiemay » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:57 am

I have a client who has a product that is area-dependent in terms of shipping payment.
Is there a way of having something in the checkout shipping panel than tells customers to contact the vendor regarding shipping cost?
And just having the customer pay for the product?

thanks

Post by straightlight » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:13 am

That would reduce chances for customers to successfully receive what he paid for since shipping providers do have the accurate schemas for electronic transactions compared to store owners. By using the providers APIs, we can never go wrong based on their requirements. Otherwise, by only purchasing the stand-alone product without shipping fee, in this case, the first transaction ID for the order will already be created. Which means, by manually editing the order for shipping modifications, a second transaction ID could be involved which would break the SLAs between the provider and the client since the merchant added the deal to the same order.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by OSWorX » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:31 pm

trixiemay wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:57 am
I have a client who has a product that is area-dependent in terms of shipping payment.
Is there a way of having something in the checkout shipping panel than tells customers to contact the vendor regarding shipping cost?
And just having the customer pay for the product?

thanks
Do not know where your client has his business, but if he has customers from the EC or want to sell into the EC, the final amount in the checkout has to be final amount!
Means everything - product cost, taxes, shipping costs, etc.

Otherwise the shop is violating consumer rights (and other legal conditions) and can be punished.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by thekrotek » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:51 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:31 pm
Do not know where your client has his business, but if he has customers from the EC or want to sell into the EC, the final amount in the checkout has to be final amount! Means everything - product cost, taxes, shipping costs, etc.
Wrong. Some stores only show you the so called "final price", but your order is held. In a few days you receive an invoice with the actual final price and it can differ from the previous one (some products may be mising, shipping recalculated etc.). And yes, I'm talking about EU webshops. If you work different, doesn't mean that everybody else works the same way. World is different, you know.
OSWorX wrote:
Otherwise the shop is violating consumer rights (and other legal conditions) and can be punished.
No it doesn't violate anything at all.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by OSWorX » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:32 pm

thekrotek wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:51 pm
OSWorX wrote:
Do not know where your client has his business, but if he has customers from the EC or want to sell into the EC, the final amount in the checkout has to be final amount! Means everything - product cost, taxes, shipping costs, etc.
Wrong. Some stores only show you the so called "final price", but your order is held. In a few days you receive an invoice with the actual final price and it can differ from the previous one (some products may be mising, shipping recalculated etc.). And yes, I'm talking about EU webshops. If you work different, doesn't mean that everybody else works the same way. World is different, you know.
OSWorX wrote:
No it doesn't violate anything at all.
Completely wrong.
By law, the customer has to know when he click the final button (Buy, etc.) what and how much he has to pay.

If you think, that you can add afterwards additional costs because you were not able to calculate the complete checkout price (the customer has to pay - and NOT more), then you are wrong.
Otherwise show me the legal passage where such behaviour is allowed.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by thekrotek » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:41 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:32 pm
Completely wrong.
By law, the customer has to know when he click the final button (Buy, etc.) what and how much he has to pay.

If you think, that you can add afterwards additional costs because you were not able to calculate the complete checkout price (the customer has to pay - and NOT more), then you are wrong.
Otherwise show me the legal passage where such behaviour is allowed.
Again, world is different and there're plenty stores which work the way you think is illegal. I don't have address with me, of course, but I encountered some webshops, who calculated shipping costs (and even final order price) later. I even paid them more, when they asked me to and explained the additional costs. And no, I am not wrong as a store owner, if I warn customers about additional payments.

Again, you may act as you wish, I'm absolutely not interested in discussing these things. Not worth my time. Embrace the differences, cheers.

Expert Member

Post by OSWorX » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:26 pm

Before you publishing nonsens, you should inform yourself!
Better than posting wrong legal advices.
And to say: ' .. not interested in discussing ..' shows me how negligent you are - hope you have no clients!

Just one link for you (and others) to read (luckily in English): http://europakonsument.at/en/page/button-solution

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by thekrotek » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:43 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:26 pm
Before you publishing nonsens, you should inform yourself!
Before replying others, you should learn to behave.
OSWorX wrote:
Better than posting wrong legal advices.
Judging from your replies, wrong advices are all yours all over the forum.
OSWorX wrote:
And to say: ' .. not interested in discussing ..' shows me how negligent you are -
Again, you're wrong. I'm not interested, because you're boring and topic itself is absolutely clear to me. If it's not clear to you - your problem, not mine. I'm not willing to waste my time on pointless discussions with people, who never listen. I replied the OP and my reply pretty much covers the question comparing to your generic "IT IS ALL AGAINST TEH LAAAAAAAW!" reply. That's all that matters.
OSWorX wrote:
hope you have no clients!
And you have a nice day.
OSWorX wrote:
Just one link for you (and others) to read (luckily in English): http://europakonsument.at/en/page/button-solution
Yeah, yeah, sure. Like I said, read everything you like, act any way you want, nobody stops you. Just don't lecture anybody, especially other store owners and developers.

Now I must excuse myself. Have a nice talking to yourself, if you wish to continue this discussion.

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:05 pm

Whether showing the final price or set a delay to complete a transaction must be addressed to the customers from the Terms and Conditions of the stores. However, not addressing the information to the customers from the stores is not illegal until the Fraud Management officially decides to take the case to further analyze the issue. Until then, it is only an issue that can be reported to the Fraud Management.

A transaction ID is what completes an event of an order from the financial institution electronically. The order may be edited until the order status is being completed. However, the shipping APIs already provides the transaction IDs per order transactions which means the shipping quote is final during the first verification. As mentioned on the above, if the shipping quote is not being verified electronically, it is of course up to the merchant but must be addressed to the customers before purchase. Even there, the merchants also increases chances to loose finances based on different decimal that the shipping office would have compared to what the merchants may believe to make profit out of it. Which is why, it is rather best to use their APIs so to avoid on using multiple steps to finalize the order. The quicker it completes, the quicker the customers can get what they want without breaking the SLAs.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON