Post by OptiRick » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:27 am

A little confused....

If I install an extension and there is nothing in the "files to be overwritten box" can I install it without concern about it clashing with past alterations?

Because I read something that suggested that while files might not be overwritten, different files than the original might be used (cache files?)

So in a nutshell, can I keep adding extensions where no files are overwritten and expect everything to rub along nicely?

I'm using 2.3.0.2

Post by Johnathan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:28 pm

It's generally fine if you're updating an extension and it's overwriting its files. That's how you get the new versions.

If an extension overwrites CORE OpenCart files then that's a problem. I'd make sure you make backups of those files first, in case anything goes wrong with the extension.

Installing extensions can always be risky, since they can conflict with each other (or just have bugs in them). However, if they have a vQmod or ocMod component to do actual modifications, then they should be fairly easy to disable. You can disable ocMod files in Extensions > Modifications, and vQmod files by renaming the /vqmod/xml/FILENAME.xml file to .xml_

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator