Post by sergius79 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:23 pm

Hello!

Where in ОС 2.0.3 creates the array $discounts (elements of this array)?

It is used in catalog/view/theme/default/template/product/product.tpl Sample:
<?php if ($discounts) { ?><?php foreach ($discounts as $discount) { ?><li><?php echo $discount['quantity']; ?><?php echo $text_discount; ?><?php echo $discount['price']; ?></li><?php } ?><?php } ?>

Post by OSWorX » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:53 pm

Code: Select all

catalog/controller/product/product.php line 323

Expert Member

Location - Austria

Post by sergius79 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:10 am

Thank you, OSWorX, very much!

Please, be so kind help me understand where price with/without tax comes from for $discounts?

/catalog/controller/product/product.php
has:

$discounts = $this->model_catalog_product->getProductDiscounts($this->request->get['product_id']);

$data['discounts'] = array();

foreach ($discounts as $discount) {
	$data['discounts'][] = array(
		'quantity' => $discount['quantity'],
		'price'    => $this->currency->format($this->tax->calculate($discount['price'], $product_info['tax_class_id'], $this->config->get('config_tax')))
		);
}
I have print_r($discounts) and see price comes with/without tax depending of setting from opencart admin "Display Prices With Tax: Yes/No"

I have change:

'price'    => $this->currency->format($this->tax->calculate($discount['price'], $product_info['tax_class_id'], $this->config->get('config_tax')))
to
'price'    => $discount['price'],
again price comes with/without tax depending of setting from opencart admin.

I checked the discount function - there is no tax at all

public function getProductDiscounts($product_id) {
		$query = $this->db->query("SELECT * FROM " . DB_PREFIX . "product_discount WHERE product_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "' AND customer_group_id = '" . (int)$this->config->get('config_customer_group_id') . "' AND quantity > 1 AND ((date_start = '0000-00-00' OR date_start < NOW()) AND (date_end = '0000-00-00' OR date_end > NOW())) ORDER BY quantity ASC, priority ASC, price ASC");

return $query->rows;
	}
I need switch setting from opencart admin "Display Prices With Tax: Yes" but to have price without tax in $discounts.

Post by OSWorX » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:47 am

Calculating prices with or without tax comes from the setting:

$this->config->get('config_tax')
So if you change

to

'price'    => $this->currency->format($this->tax->calculate($discount['price'], $product_info['tax_class_id'], 0))
you should have your net discount price.
(While I do not understand your change, because if you display prices to end customers EACH prices have to be WITH tax).

Expert Member

Location - Austria

Post by sergius79 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:28 am

OSWorX, thank you very much!!!!!!!

I did it! http://prntscr.com/ic03zy

You have asked why I need it - it is for UK web site. There is popular to show prices without tax. I don't know why it is so. It is like local feature. For me as client it is not handy way because I prefer to see price with tax cause I will pay it anyway.

If somebody use information from this topic I would draw attention to Refresh Modifications in OC 2.3. if you correct $discounts array in controller to have 2 prices with/wthout tax.
;)