Post by tarzan89 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:27 am

How to change the Year in Copyright 3.0.2.0-OpenCart
Last edited by tarzan89 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:59 am

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by tarzan89 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:42 pm

this is what i have -----></a><br /> %s &copy; %s'; in the footer.php

and this is not in the footer.php-----> Your store © 2017 page

but this is on my webpage ---> ( Your store © 2017 ) --->store front

so it's another file or a dashboard entry and i changed it ( Your store © 2009 ---> to 2017 )but i forgot where.

© <--- and you don't have this your missing it, in the footer.php

Post by straightlight » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:44 pm

If this value has been entered from the admin dashboard and you are not sure where it's located, in your PHPMyAdmin Opencart's database, use the search tab in order to find the text message you're looking for if you are not sure whether this entry is located from a file or from the database. If from the database, the results with the database tables and fields will be returned on the search result. If so and you are not sure where to find from the Opencart admin or on the store-front end, provide the result table on your next reply and we'll be able to assist you more easily from there.

In the mean time, please provide your URL or provide the view source code of that copyright line in order to track the definite line of the location you are referring about.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by MrPhil » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:57 am

"Powered by OpenCart" and "Theme by ...." copyrights should not be changed, except by OpenCart and theme writers when they change code. You should have a separate copyright statement somewhere for copyrighting your own content. Don't go changing "copyright 2002 OpenCart" to "copyright 2017 OpenCart"... you need to have your own "copyright 2017 myStoreInc".

Post by tarzan89 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:45 am

please do your research it's open source . and don't post me anymore if your gonna be like that..

Post by straightlight » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:48 am

tarzan89 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:45 am
please do your research it's open source . and don't post me anymore if your gonna be like that..
This analogy is correct. Opencart is under the GNU license. However, one statement I would like to add is by modifying the default theme, your replaced codes will be replaced again upon Opencart upgrades. To avoid these events from happening, it would be best to make any changes from a custom theme folder.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by MrPhil » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:48 am

tarzan89 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:45 am
Ah, open source is still under somebody's copyright (unless it's "Public Domain", which means certain things). You have no legal right to go claiming (taking over) someone else's copyright (name of copyright holder and/or copyright date). You can add your own copyright statement to cover your own material, if you wish. Otherwise, leave existing copyright statements alone. That's how it works, ethically and legally.

Post by straightlight » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:10 am

That is not entirely true. The copyrighted text statement originates from organizations or companies that involves registered trademarks with their name. If the organization or company name is not entitled as a registered trademark, it does not necessarily own any Copyrighted trademarks.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by MrPhil » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:44 am

Who said anything about trademarks? They're not copyrighted, anyway. They're a totally different beast than a copyright.