Post by speedingorange » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:59 pm

Hi All,

I am working on an adaptation of the stock theme for a slightly more compact view on mobiles. To get everything to display nice I need to show a count of products in the cart outside of the standard id="cart" button.

I want to show a simple count of how many products are in the cart (no monetary total etc, just how many products are in the cart)

I have this working using the following code:

In catalogue/common/header.php

Code: Select all

//how many things in cart
$data['cartcount'] = $this->cart->countProducts();
Then in the header.tpl

<?php if (isset ($cartcount)) { echo $cartcount; } ?>
this works but, does not offer the functionality of updating as soon as a product is put in the cart. It shows the correct count of products, but only when the next page is loaded.

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction of how to make this update as soon as anyone hits the "add to cart" button or updates cart totals? I am assuming that something in common.js needs updating? ive played around with it but cannot get it to work still.

I am on opencart 2.1.0.2 if that makes any odds.

Cheers!
James

Post by vaskazz » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:10 pm

I might want to try this a bit modified version.
In catalogue/common/header.php

//how many things in cart
$this->cart->countProducts() + (isset($this->session->data['vouchers']) ? count($this->session->data['vouchers']) : 0);
In the catalogue/common/header.tpl

<span id="cart-total"><?php if (isset ($cartcount)) { echo $cartcount; } ?></span>
In catalogue/view/theme/*/template/product/product.tpl find:

$('#cart > button').html('<i class="fa fa-shopping-cart"></i> ' + json['total']);
add after:

$('#cart-total').html(json['cartcount']);
In catalogue/controller/checkout/cart.php find:

$json['total'] = sprintf($this->language->get('text_items'), $this->cart->countProducts() + (isset($this->session->data['vouchers']) ? count($this->session->data['vouchers']) : 0), $this->currency->format($total));
add after:

$json['cartcount'] = $this->cart->countProducts() + (isset($this->session->data['vouchers']) ? count($this->session->data['vouchers']) : 0);
find:

$json['total'] = sprintf($this->language->get('text_items'), $this->cart->countProducts() + (isset($this->session->data['vouchers']) ? count($this->session->data['vouchers']) : 0), $this->currency->format($total));
add after:

$json['cartcount'] = $this->cart->countProducts() + (isset($this->session->data['vouchers']) ? count($this->session->data['vouchers']) : 0);
since I forward everyone from cart to checkout (don't show the header in checkout) all the changes made there woun't work in the header except if You refresh the page. It might be like this:

In catalog/view/javascript/common.js find all:

$('#cart > button').html('<span id="cart-total"><i class="fa fa-shopping-cart"></i> ' + json['total'] + '</span>');
add before each:

$('#cart-total').html(json['cartcount']);
I hope this gives You a clue how to solve this.