Post by premint » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:47 pm

hello id like to have about 10 featured items per row with 4 or 5 rows, all i want to show is the picture and title, no description, no border, no buttons, running ver 2 is it possible ?
Last edited by premint on Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by yodapt » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:27 am

Yes it's possible, you need to change the template page to show 10 columns instead of the default, and change the limit of the result returned by the model.

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com

Post by premint » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:30 am

hi thanks for repluying but could you explain more detail,

Post by yodapt » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:03 am

Are you talking about the featured module?

Post by premint » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:09 am

i need you to explain what i need to edit in order to have 10 featured items per row on the homepage, i want 10 per row, no borders, no buttons, no description just phot and titel below

Post by yodapt » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:56 am

catalog\view\theme\default\template\module\featured.tpl

On this file, you need to change the way columns are presented. You want to show 4 rows, so you need a flag to know when you have to switch to another row, which will be every 10 products. On the product loop, you will want to add an offset on the first item, because bootstrap's grid is 12 columns and you want 10, so that at least it becomes centered relative to the store layout. Dont forget to change the css classes to match the size of the columns you want, and to check the browser because you will need some more css changes to fit such contents in such a small space (for most user screens). Finally you strip away unwanted markup like buttons and sorts. This isn't the necessary order of events.

On the admin area, under modules you can edit the homepage one and set the limit to 40 products (4 rows), and the width and height of the image thumbnails.

Post by premint » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:23 am

i know how to find the file but ive no idea what im supposed to do with it, im new tyo this and need you to show which lines to edit and what to put there

Post by yodapt » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:03 am

It is easier to do the work for you rather than tell you which lines to edit and with what.

But serilously dont do that .. 10 items is too much, it will not look good.

Post by premint » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:12 am

i had a site that way before but it used cubecart ver3 and looked good, trouble is ver 3 only works with php 4 and newer cubecart dont do it and i use open cart now but id like to make a site the same way again