Post by AutoAll » Fri May 05, 2017 9:28 pm

Hi, I've generally been editing my templates by going to catalog/view/theme/mythemename/templatename.tpl

I was having this problem though where sometimes my site wouldn't instantly update. I tried clearing all my caches and a few other things and couldn't get it to work. I finally figured out that there is another instance of the same template under

system/storage/modification/catalog/view/theme/mythemename/template/common/templatename.tpl

Why is there 2 seperate instances of these templates and why does editing only one of them change my site?

Post by viethemes » Fri May 05, 2017 9:56 pm

AutoAll wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 9:28 pm
Hi, I've generally been editing my templates by going to catalog/view/theme/mythemename/templatename.tpl

I was having this problem though where sometimes my site wouldn't instantly update. I tried clearing all my caches and a few other things and couldn't get it to work. I finally figured out that there is another instance of the same template under

system/storage/modification/catalog/view/theme/mythemename/template/common/templatename.tpl

Why is there 2 seperate instances of these templates and why does editing only one of them change my site?
OCMod System of OpenCart creates cache files for files which are modified by OCMOD extensions. So when you change original files you should go to Admin > Extensions > Modifications > click on the Refresh button.

http://www.viethemes.com - OpenCart turtorials, news, tips and stricks, extension

Our extensions:
Visual Theme Editor - Powerful tool for customizing style of any theme visually
Live Theme Editor - Customize layout, colors, backgrounds, fonts of the default theme
Theme Animation - Animation Editor for any theme

Extra Positions PRO, Custom JavaScript, Custom CSS and others