Post by open310 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:29 am

Hi,
Version: 2.3.0.2
I'm looking for a great Theme, I've tried loads all ready but they either cause problems meaning I have to carry out a back up restore, or I just don't like the design.
What Themes would you say are the best?

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:01 am

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:31 am

You probably tried free Themes, unaware of, that such Themes usually require some work,
to make them look swell troughout the whole range of sections. But there are not so many
around, for OC v.2.3.0.2, so, it could not as hard, as you mentioned... :D

But you did not mention, what you sell, therefore, better don't expect MUCHO reaction on
your Post, a Porn-Tool Seller has other needs, compared with someone, offering Home
Office Equipment! :laugh:
Ernie

Ernie's OpenCart v.1.5.6.5 LIGHT + OpenShop Admin v.1.75 Test Sites
http://www.ebikes.li - http://www.evelo.li - http://www.openshop.li
Image


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:37 am
Location - Switzerland

Post by open310 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:48 pm

IP_CAM wrote:You probably tried free Themes, unaware of, that such Themes usually require some work,
to make them look swell troughout the whole range of sections. But there are not so many
around, for OC v.2.3.0.2, so, it could not as hard, as you mentioned... :D

But you did not mention, what you sell, therefore, better don't expect MUCHO reaction on
your Post, a Porn-Tool Seller has other needs, compared with someone, offering Home
Office Equipment! :laugh:
Ernie
Simplica seems the best to use, though really is a bit too Simple. Opencart is certainly more complicated to install themes than Prestashop, but Opencart has I suppose less features built in.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:01 am

Post by labeshops » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:34 am

I really am loving the default2 theme by qahar. Excellent features and great support. Works well for multistore too which is rare in themes.

Running Opencart v2.2 with multi-stores from http://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Image


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:41 am
Location - Florida, USA

Post by IP_CAM » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:12 am

To me, this is one of the most impressive V-2 Theme Extensions, I found so far, and it does not require a
million of Files + Scripts, like i.E. a Journal 2 Extension! :D It's just the STYLESHEET, and a couple of
Scripts, what makes all this work ! And it comes for free too, just to mention it ! ;)
But it still takes a few things, like Font Colors, and (much darker) image Backgrounds, to make it easier
for the Eyes. Created to work with OC 2.0.0.0 - 2.3.0.2, it even largly workes in my Test v.1.5.6.5, as shown
on the image below! Momentarely to be seen here in OC v.1.5.6.5 - Action, but, if something does not work,
I did not play around with for some months, so please, be kind !!!
http://www.gratis-anzeiger.com/
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=24286
http://www.grandcms.com/extensions/them ... tion_id=31
test_theme_dark_velvet_on_oc_1565.jpg

Dark Velvet Theme for OC-2, test-used in my OC v.1.5.6.5 - test_theme_dark_velvet_on_oc_1565.jpg (105.58 KiB) Viewed 663 times


Ernie's OpenCart v.1.5.6.5 LIGHT + OpenShop Admin v.1.75 Test Sites
http://www.ebikes.li - http://www.evelo.li - http://www.openshop.li
Image


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:37 am
Location - Switzerland

Post by open310 » Sat May 13, 2017 10:14 pm

I found your website very fast loading - how did you get it so fast loading? Do you sell themes?
Thanks!
IP_CAM wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:12 am
To me, this is one of the most impressive V-2 Theme Extensions, I found so far, and it does not require a
million of Files + Scripts, like i.E. a Journal 2 Extension! :D It's just the STYLESHEET, and a couple of
Scripts, what makes all this work ! And it comes for free too, just to mention it ! ;)
But it still takes a few things, like Font Colors, and (much darker) image Backgrounds, to make it easier
for the Eyes. Created to work with OC 2.0.0.0 - 2.3.0.2, it even largly workes in my Test v.1.5.6.5, as shown
on the image below! Momentarely to be seen here in OC v.1.5.6.5 - Action, but, if something does not work,
I did not play around with for some months, so please, be kind !!!
http://www.gratis-anzeiger.com/
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=24286
http://www.grandcms.com/extensions/them ... tion_id=31
test_theme_dark_velvet_on_oc_1565.jpg

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:01 am

Post by open310 » Sat May 13, 2017 10:15 pm

labeshops wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:34 am
I really am loving the default2 theme by qahar. Excellent features and great support. Works well for multistore too which is rare in themes.
Your network of stores is very fast loading. Do you sell themes? How did you get it to load so fast?
Thanks!

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:01 am

Post by viethemes » Sat May 13, 2017 10:42 pm

I recommend customizing theme based on the default theme. This will prevent from conflicting with other extensions. You may like my extension Live Theme Editor to do that :)

http://www.viethemes.com - OpenCart turtorials, news, tips and stricks, extension

Our extensions:
Visual Theme Editor - Powerful tool for customizing style of any theme visually
Live Theme Editor - Customize layout, colors, backgrounds, fonts of the default theme
Theme Animation - Animation Editor for any theme

Extra Positions PRO, Custom JavaScript, Custom CSS and others


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:17 pm


Post by IP_CAM » Sat May 13, 2017 10:49 pm

I found your website very fast loading - how did you get it so fast loading? Do you sell themes?
Negative, I don't sell anything, and I still use OC v.1.5.6.5_rc, it just looks, on the front side at least, like OC-2.
Still, OC-2's can be made speedy as well, by use of mostly the same knowledge, exept, if it comes to Theme
Extensions, largely doing their own things, by use of their own system files.

But personally I would select a simple Theme, only consisting of the Theme-Files themselfs, and not adding a
lot of Custom Code into controller/ model/ system/ javascript/ directories, such just makes it much more
complicated, to use COMMON Knowledge and Mod's, to really peak a system to it's best.

I am just in the process of testing another responsive theme, with more or less the same
OC-System/Source as my BIGMAX Shop, wich produces a 99/89 Result with a 20 Product
Category Page, JUST by use of the other Theme I just get a lousy 72/81 Result so far, so you
see, a Theme is not just like another Theme, the new one uses more than the double amount
of REQUESTS, to finally display just about the same content.... :choke:
https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.jti.li/EawFew9f
Good Luck ;)
Ernie

Ernie's OpenCart v.1.5.6.5 LIGHT + OpenShop Admin v.1.75 Test Sites
http://www.ebikes.li - http://www.evelo.li - http://www.openshop.li
Image


User avatar
Guru Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:37 am
Location - Switzerland
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests