Post by imharvindersingh » Wed May 02, 2018 2:18 pm

I have set up opencart site using journal theme. my server is one.com. I have setup mail settings you can seen my settings bellow :

Mail Protocol : SMTP
Mail Parameters : -finfo@sharpyedge.co.uk
SMTP Hostname : ssl://mailout.one.com
SMTP Username : info@sharpyedge.co.uk
SMTP Password : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
SMTP Port : 465
SMTP Timeout : 20

my website is : sharpyedge.co.uk Also i have checked Alert Mail section.

But not able to receive alert mails from website.

Post by acx » Mon May 07, 2018 8:25 am

Check with your host. If you are unknowingly using incorrect mail settings, failures may not show up in Opencart's error logs, but they will appear in the server's syslog.

Extensions I've made (free):

Breadcrumbs for 2.3.0.2 & 3.0.2.0 Breadcrumb links for subcategories & parent category on product pages
Product Requests Allow customers to request notifications for sold out products
Abandoned Carts Send inquiries to abandoned carts to complete checkout or provide feedback
Ghost Orders Cleanup residue left behind by one page checkout addons

acx

Post by synapseindia » Fri May 25, 2018 7:26 pm

Please check with your hosting service provider may be your SMTP port has been disabled/block on server. Ask them to enable the same.

Post by Mosstyn » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:59 am

Not sure if you're still having issues. If you're using SMTP then your 'Mail Parameters' can be blank. Try losing the 'ssl://' off of the STMP Hostname. I was also told to do this as a fix - it didn't work. Also, are you sure it isn't prefixed with 'SMTP', or 'Send' instead of 'Mailout'. Username and PW look OK. I have my port set to 25, but I'm using STARTTLS. Try some of those as a suggestion.

Post by PurpleMountain » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:38 pm

Did anyone ever sort this problem? I have the same issue except that mine was working yesterday morning and stopped working during the day. All other e-mails are fine, just the alerts from the website that aren't working. Thanks

Post by OSWorX » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:17 pm

PurpleMountain wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:38 pm
Did anyone ever sort this problem? I have the same issue except that mine was working yesterday morning and stopped working during the day. All other e-mails are fine, just the alerts from the website that aren't working. Thanks
The mail function do not change by themselve.

So, you should check what have been changed.
E.g. the server was updated, the mail settings have been changed (not those from the the shop configuration), is there a change in the security (was former not secured port 25, is now port xyz) and so on.
If you have this, you know why it is not workig anymore and you can adopt the settings.

And what do you mean by '.. all other emails are fine .. ' ?

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria