Post by rhorne » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:48 pm

I think I've just about managed to upgrade the cart to 2.3.0.2. There were a few errors along the way - files and folders not uploading - permissions not properly set - old files from 1.5.1 causing issues but the store appears to be kind of loading. I suspect the template needs reconfiguring now we're at 2.3.0.2 but at least I can work with this.

I got the feeling I was testing your patience a little, straightlight, but I appreciate your help and support immensely and offer my sincerest thanks.

Post by straightlight » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:02 pm

I got the feeling I was testing your patience a little, straightlight, but I appreciate your help and support immensely and offer my sincerest thanks.
My last reply simply indicated suggestions on what you could do due to the error messages you were having. Normally, it would be best to consult the forum before running any upgrades.

However, good to know that your store is now running.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:33 pm

rhorne wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:21 pm
Urghh. This installation is 1.5.1. I've updated both config files based on the file locations produced by your path.php file but I still get the constants error message.

I don't understand your last message, I'm afraid. Sorry :(
DIR_MODIFICATION is not a part of any 1.5.x version of Opencart so remove that line from both of your config.php files. DIR_MODIFICATION is only used in 2.x

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by rhorne » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:26 pm

OK so the site is 'working', but the template is a bit broken, but I think I can fix that, but I can't get in to the admin just yet.

Code: Select all

Notice: Error: Could not load config default! in /home/linweb37/c/MASKED.com-1096756477/user/htdocs/store/system/library/config.php on line 27
I've checked the config again and DIR_CONFIG seems to point to the correct location and the config.php and default.php files are also present. Any suggestions?

Post by rhorne » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:39 pm

Straightlight, I found this post of yours and will try it later when I have access to my DB backup.
viewtopic.php?t=199037

Post by straightlight » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:42 am

This topic may provide better guidance for this particular issue: viewtopic.php?t=191827

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by rhorne » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:50 am

I saw that thread but I think you've misunderstood the poster.

pmahomme is a skin for PHPMYADMIN and not an Opencart shop skin and I think that's where you lost the previous poster.

Post by straightlight » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:58 am

Good catch. I wasn't aware of that. According to Google, that seem to be the case - PHPMyAdmin theme. However, the provided steps are still valid regarding the keys and the values to look for in the database in order to prioritize the default theme in Opencart.

However, I will update the topic since at least one user did mentioned the corrections to be made rather than using the silent strategy.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:00 am

The post has now been updated: viewtopic.php?f=202&t=191827&p=718178#p718178

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON