Post by zionhealth » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:48 am

We recently made the decision to switch our website from it's current theme, to one of the new Journal themes. Instead of working directly on the live site, we thought it would be better to do a fresh Opencart 2.3.0.2 installation (and database) into a sub-directory of the main site, and test on that. When ready, we could move it to the root.

Original site = root\
New Journal Install = root\ocnew

The Open Cart and Journal installs went fine, and everything appeared to working, but now we are running into some kind of cross contamination between the old and new sites, and we can't figure out what is going on. Hopefully, someone can help.

The problem?

We are able to access the all of the front end in the new Opencart installation, just by adding "ocnew" to the url. Same thing with the admin area. Everything looks good until we click on a category or product menu. We are then redirected back to the old website content and pages on the front end..

What I don't understand is that the URL link looks correct. It is pointing to the "OCNEW" directory, but all the content is from the old website. It's almost like I'm working from a cached copy, but I've cleared the browser cache several times.

What are we missing? I checked the config.php files, and both look correct.

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:25 am

Well, what about the .htaccess REWRITE Routine ?
And who told you, that your config.php files are ok ?
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by zionhealth » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:09 am

There was no .htaccess file after the initial Opencart install, it was htaccess.txt. I did rename it to .htaccess, yesterday. No changes were made inside the default file.

The config.php files are the default files created during the Opencart installation. I can only confirm that the directories are pointing to the correct folders on the server.

IP_CAM wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:25 am
Well, what about the .htaccess REWRITE Routine ?
And who told you, that your config.php files are ok ?
Ernie

Post by straightlight » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:39 am

You installed an extension and since then you are experiencing difficulties with the store. Contact the Journal2 support to resolve this issue.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by zionhealth » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:16 am

Really? That's your attempt at helping Guru? ::)

I'm guessing that you didn't even read the post. No problem.......move along.....nothing to see here.

straightlight wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:39 am
You installed an extension and since then you are experiencing difficulties with the store. Contact the Journal2 support to resolve this issue.

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:16 pm

There was no .htaccess file after the initial Opencart install ....
Well, every shop requires it's own .htaccess file, and the rewrite engine
Path MUST be set accordingly. The.htaccess.txt was only named this way, to
NOT accidentally overwrite an existing and working .htaccess file on a Server.
Good Luck, and better get smart on such (not specifically OC-related) things. :D
Ernie

Code: Select all

# SEO URL Settings
RewriteEngine On
# If your OC installation does not run on the main web folder, but in a Subdirectory,
# i.E. called 'yourshopsitename/shop/', make sure you folder it does run in becomes 
# /shop/
RewriteBase /shop/

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by straightlight » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:46 pm

zionhealth wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:16 am
Really? That's your attempt at helping Guru? ::)

I'm guessing that you didn't even read the post. No problem.......move along.....nothing to see here.

straightlight wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:39 am
On your own

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON