Post by brian47374 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:06 am

In my desperate attempts to migrate the products and categories from the backup database into the new install of OC 2.3.0.2, I was able to insert (via SQL) them into the fresh install. However, when I go into OC I cannot see the products. Is there some sort of cache file or other files that I need to include? Or, is there something else I need to do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated at this point because I have been unsuccessful at even HIRING anyone to do what needs to be done. My site is down and it may come down to re-entering hundreds of products. I just cannot believe that I cannot SQL the problem away. lol

Post by MarketInSG » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:42 am

when you migrate over the products, what are the tables you transferred over?

Also, did you try checking the error logs to see if there's any errors?

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by kestas » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:09 pm

All images and caah of images should be copied to the new shop. Do not forget to copy to the the coresponding folders.

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by brian47374 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:49 pm

I only copied everything beginning with “oc_product…” I tried copying oc_category but there were already categories in the new table that have the same ID as the one I am trying to import. The ones in the old DB are more important than the new ones.

What are the corresponding folders? Names and locations always are best so that I do not copy the wrong thing and there are A LOT of folders in OC. ;)

Btw, thank you for your input so far!

Post by kestas » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:36 am

I mean the folder "image" with his all content you should copy to the new location, where your shop is installed.

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by MarketInSG » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:46 pm

brian47374 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:49 pm
I only copied everything beginning with “oc_product…” I tried copying oc_category but there were already categories in the new table that have the same ID as the one I am trying to import. The ones in the old DB are more important than the new ones.

What are the corresponding folders? Names and locations always are best so that I do not copy the wrong thing and there are A LOT of folders in OC. ;)

Btw, thank you for your input so far!
If you are migrating the DB, files isn't important. However, difference in DB columns may cause a SQL error.

tables to be migrated...
product
product_to_store
product_description
product_reward
product_to_category

that's what i can remember for now...

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by brian47374 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:00 am

Thanks for all of the replies. I simply missed copying one or more tables.