Post by barnone » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:55 am

Am trying to create a 2.0 Install on a test server.

Have created a fresh DB.

Installed OC files and start through the /install process. I get to Step 3 and enter all the login information for DB/User.

I receive the following error:
"Access denied for user 'testuser'@'localhost' (using password: YES)"

I have made sure permissions on config/admin config are 755.

I have used an auto generated password, as well as an easy one I can type.
I have also deleted and recreated user to make sure all permissions are selected.

Any ideas?

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:49 am

Post by yodapt » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:56 am

Is your database in the same server as your web server?

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:39 pm


Post by barnone » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:01 am

Yes it is.
Test site, will be under main site as subfolder.

For fun, I went ahead and tried a new /different browser and it went through install process. Any idea why that would have happened to allow that?

I exited the different browser and switched back to main browser and I now see an upgrade script when I navigate to subfolder/test url?

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:49 am

Post by yodapt » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:06 am

Was that a fresh install on a new folder?

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:39 pm


Post by barnone » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:11 am

Yes, although I have used the subfolder before for a test. Yesterday, I tried to clone a 1.5 store and then upgrade over it with 2.3.0.2. I was unable to make it work. I deleted the DB I created then, and the subfolder totally. Today I had the idea to use a 100% fresh 2.0 install and then migrate data over using import/export tool.

I can navigate to test site, and test site admin, in different browser, and it functions as it should.
I hid the install directory, to prevent it coming up.
I cleared cookies on the main browser I use and when I navigate to site.com/subfolder, I receive a page not found error. I suspect that is because I hid the install folder, after completing install on other browser.

On the primary domain I have it htaccessed, so that all traffic is https, and all urls (site.com, http://www.site.com) point to, https://www.site.com

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:49 am

Post by yodapt » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:25 am

So there was more to it after all. Migrations are tricky with OC, I'm a developer and I dont trust scripts to do them alone, knowing the lack of data integrity and often violation of database and file settings that extensions and mods perform.

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:39 pm


Post by barnone » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:37 am

Yeah it is incredibly weird. I have blocked/cleared all cookies, and auto complete from history from www.site.com in main browser and it still has the not found error/cant access test site. I guess for now, until I can get it fixed I will keep accessing the site from the other browser.

Active Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:49 am
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests