Post by ssandy » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:43 pm

Hello all.

I would really need your help. I have issues in my timezone, specifically in the admin panel, which causes me problems for: adding products, customer logins, customer orders and etc. They appear the next day! Yes is running almost 24 hours ahead and for example: if I add a new product today, it will appear in the store, tomorrow! I know that a quick solution is to change the date manually, but due to a huge amount of the products we daily add, this is impossible because it becomes time consuming.

Although I have changed in the php.ini the default timezone, from UTC to Europe/Athens, if I do a check in the phpinfo.php, I see in some places Europe/Athens and to other Europe/Helsinki. Insane!!! I know..

I have contacted our server provider (hostgator), to change the timezone is DB also to Europe/Athens and they have done it.
BUT the Europe/Helsinki still appear in the phphinfo.php and after 3 long chats, they are 100% sure that this an opencart issue.

Does anyone faced the same issue? Please I need a solution.
Thank you.
Sonia

Post by kestas » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:28 pm

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by MrPhil » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:27 am

What places in phpinfo() show that way? Mine shows my selected time zone (date.timezone in php.ini) for "Default timezone", "date.timezone (Local)", and "date.timezone (Master)". If you're seeing different values, there's something odd about your setup.

Where is your provider located? Helsinki? My host is in California, and the default for both PHP and MySQL is Pacific Standard Time (year-round). I have date.timezone set in php.ini to America/New_York (Eastern Standard and Daylight-saving Time), and that takes care of PHP code, but not MySQL.

When you say "products don't show until tomorrow", are you saying that there is some sort of "embargo" until a certain time and date (and the system has the wrong time and date), or just that it takes that long for a product to show up after entry? The latter would seem rather odd, as a product should show up immediately after entry, unless your host is providing some pretty aggressive caching. How about your browser's caching -- have you tried forcing a reload (such as ctrl-F5) to force a page refresh after entering products?

Anyway, get your site time/date display correct (using date.timezone and consider turning off any additional date/timezone corrections in your applications). Then see what MySQL is using for now() entry, and either allow for that in the code/application settings, or see if you can configure your DB account to use your correct timezone for now().