Post by daniel82 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:30 pm

Hi guys,

My client's store just stopped working and has the errors:

Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/vdkcomau/public_html/store/system/database/mysql.php on line 6
Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/vdkcomau/public_html/store/system/database/mysql.php:6) in /home/vdkcomau/public_html/store/system/library/session.php on line 11Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/vdkcomau/public_html/store/system/database/mysql.php:6) in /home/vdkcomau/public_html/store/index.php on line 173Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/vdkcomau/public_html/store/system/database/mysql.php:6) in /home/vdkcomau/public_html/store/system/library/currency.php on line 45

I have no idea how to fix this. Recently his hosting company was bought out, and he had some issues with his hosting, not sure if something has changed that makes his site no longer work.

The site is vdk.com.au/store

Can anyone talk me through what to change to fix this? I believe it's a mysql to mysqli issue perhaps?

I have access to his files and DB. He is using version 1.4.9 - it hasnt been updated in a very long time.

Please talk me through like im 5.. im a designer not a coder. Thanks!

Daniel

Post by pprmkr » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:10 pm

Unpack attached archive and copy contents to shop-folder overwriting /system/library/db.php and adding /system/database/mysqli.php.

After that edit both /config.php and /admin/config.php and change:

Code: Select all

define('DB_DRIVER', 'mysql'); 
Into:

Code: Select all

define('DB_DRIVER', 'mysqli'); 

Attachments

Location - Netherlands

Post by daniel82 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:18 pm

HOLY CRAP I LOVE YOU.

Thanks! it works... :-*