Post by addisonh » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:43 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm stuck on the upgrade page (ie. www.domain.com/install) with this error after clicking the upgrade button:

Code: Select all

SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0 OK Notice: Undefined variable: file in /home/XXXXX/public_html/install/model/upgrade/1009.php on line 114Warning: fopen(): Filename cannot be empty in /home/XXXXX/public_html/install/model/upgrade/1009.php on line 114Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/XXXXX/public_html/install/model/upgrade/1009.php on line 116Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/XXXXX/public_html/install/model/upgrade/1009.php on line 118{"success":"Patch 1009 has been applied (10 of 10)","next":"index.php?route=upgrade\/upgrade\/next&step=11"}
Any ideas on how to fix it?
Last edited by straightlight on Fri May 29, 2020 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by sameerkale » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:10 pm

I am facing a same issue. Please let me know how to solve this.

Post by drjawn1962 » Thu May 28, 2020 10:00 pm

Poor fellows never did get an answer. :(

In any case, I tried to upgrade to v2.0 from v1.5.6.4 and got so many errors messages in the header I figured it would just be easier to restore my backups and try again. After a good 15 mins. waiting for the files to upload and such, I got the same error as seen in the title of this thread. What a clusterfudge it was to get things back to normal.

Not sure if it's an Opencart issue, but I thought I'd seek some insight here anyway before I attempt to upgrade again and put myself in the same situation.

Post by ADD Creative » Fri May 29, 2020 4:32 am

What actual error do you receive? As the errors in the original post only relate to version 3.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by OSWorX » Fri May 29, 2020 5:31 am

drjawn1962 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:00 pm
Poor fellows never did get an answer. :(
Not really true ..

But to be honest:

1. look around this forum and all of you will find many threads about the update
2. never update OpenCart with the integrated solution - it will fail in 99% of all cases

If all of you here want to have a "update" which is working, do following:

A. make a backup of all (!!): files and database and store in a safe place
B. install the new version in a subdirectory (same server or another) - with a new database
C. adopt/adjust the database tables you want/need
C.1 which tables depend on which data you want to keep, e.g. customers, orders, products, etc
C.2 check the difference between old and new table structure (sometimes only 1 field or a small structure change)
C.3 after adopting the table data import them step by step
D. start the new version and check if all is working as expected

I. old template can never be used 1:1
II. therefore (because of I.) check before the update which template you want (or if an update / newer version exists)
III. check carefully if the desired tempate/theme is compatible with the installed OpenCart Version
IV. install the new template

a. previous extension will not work with new OpenCart version - never!
b. check before the update if a new(er) version exist
c. check if not a better / other extension exist
d. check carefully the comtability of the extension

>> If all of the above is running as it should, switch to the new folder via your server panel.
>> DO NOT DELETE the old shop and the database - in case something went wrong or does not work, a switch back is done within 2 seconds

General:

* forget all OpenCart versions 3.x
* as long as OpenCart 3.1.x is not published and in a stable version - see next tip
* if an update is really needed (almost all 1.5.x version should be updated) - use 2.3.0.2
(unfortunetaly the best version of all, also after that long time of publishing)
* NEVER touch the running store!!
* if you are not able to do above steps by yourself, ask a professional - it will help you to save money (and time and nerves .. and useless postings here)

FINALLY: backup, backup and backup BEFORE!

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by drjawn1962 » Sun May 31, 2020 7:59 pm

Thanks for your response.

I searched and searched and searched, unfortunately after going thru at least half the 117 pages in this particular forum it seemed much easier just to revive this 2 year old thread.

It's very unfortunate that this process seems more suited to programmers and not your "average Joe". I personally have no experience comparing and/or editing tables and such. Not sure how to proceed now. I really want to upgrade, but 2.0 was a failure what with are the errors in the header, now this version.

Maybe for shitz and giggles I'll try for 2.2 and see what kind of mess that looks like? :(

Post by AnnieSteward » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:38 am

drjawn1962 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:00 pm
Not sure if it's an Opencart issue, but I thought I'd seek some insight here anyway before I attempt to upgrade again and put myself in the same situation.
As recommended previously by @OSWorX, never try upgrading with OP integrated solution. Since there's yet a proper answer for the issue after 3 years long, I'd suggest you contact commercial support to save your time and nerves. Not so many economical solutions available but at least I could give you LitExtension as a possibility. It's an automated migration tool, still, you will receive enthusiast support for any issue all along the process I assure. Especially at the point that OC is one of its top priorities, so don't be hesitant to give it a try.

And always remember to backup your store beforehand for any method you choose.