Post by luke213 » Fri May 12, 2017 3:05 am

So I've got an oddball question of sorts. I've searched and everything I can find indicates that I have to edit the file located at: /catalog/language/english/payment/cod.php to be able to rename what it says during check out which is currently "Cash On Delivery" I'd like to rename it something like "Payment before build" because my items are built to order and I don't take payment information during check out since I'm typically 10+ weeks out from the point orders are taken and then built.

So recently I updated the site to the current version from a 7 year old version and got all the bugs pretty much worked out with my options and such. I've only got one theme installed other than default and I can't seem to find anything that would be stopping me from making that change. So it's a bit of a conundrum why it's not taking. Is there any other location in say a language file that would effect the text title for COD in the checkout process? I'm guessing it's noted somewhere else in some other file and I'm just not finding it. I could probably manually edit in the text I want rather than pulling it from config files but that's not the right way to do it, and since I just jumped through all the hoops to get the site current I'd rather not cobble something this simple.

I appreciate any suggestions that you guys could provide on where to look in the config files to find it.

Take care!

Luke

EDIT: Something I just thought of maybe the theme is using the name of the module? Not sure on this but just was an idea I had, going to look that direction since that would make some sense to me. But other suggestions would be appreciated.

Post by cyclops12 » Fri May 12, 2017 3:51 am

You say you have updated to latest version yet you are trying to edit catalog/language/english.........
latest version would be catalog/language/en-gb......
Full path would be catalog/language/en-gb/extension/payment/cod.php

Post by luke213 » Fri May 12, 2017 4:06 am

THANK YOU!

I am on the current version but apparently with the upgrades it retained some of the old Language files and yep I was editing the wrong ones. I had taken a quick troll through the en-gb stuff but I didn't see the structure I was used to from the previous versions and didn't dig into sub directories.

So yep I was editing the wrong dang file;) I can't thank you enough, simple fix and now I know the language files are in a new folder/structure going forward. I appreciate that tip very much. And my problem is solved and working as it should.

Take care!

Luke

Post by cyclops12 » Fri May 12, 2017 4:14 am

Yes the structure has changed a bit in this latest version
Glad its all working now for you

Post by luke213 » Fri May 12, 2017 4:19 am

Yep that's one of the snags I had with the upgrades, I was pretty used to working with the older versions but because of the various upgrades over the years with eliminating order editing(which didn't work for me because of my long lead times) and then having product options screwed up for a while there. I had held off upgrading for longer than I would have liked. But now that I'm finally bringing it up to current I've been squashing allot of bugs most of them caused by various issues through upgrading several years worth of updates all at once;) So when I've been going over old threads etc, I'm just finding allot of information that is for previous versions etc.

I knew it had to be something simple;) Feeling like an idiot for not catching it while I was going through the new file structure but happy to know how it's laid out for any other edits I'll have to do as I finish all the details up;) This one wasn't a make or break issue, just was driving me nuts since I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working as I expected;)

Take care and thanks again!

Luke