Post by HDBadmin » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:01 pm

I set up a separate domain with a copy of my site to work on upgrading to 2.3.0.2. This test site works fine. When I copied everything back to my main domain, I updated all instances of the URL in the config.php and .htaccess files but I am getting a string of MySQLi errors instead of my site now (see below). The admin side on the main site works fine and the test site works fine. Both sites on the same server, the test site runs in a folder.

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Test site: hdbtesting.space
Main site: highdesertbotanicals.com

Error Message:
Warning: mysqli::query(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/highdes2/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 18Warning: DB\MySQLi::query(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/highdes2/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 20Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/highdes2/public_html/catalog/model/extension/event.php on line 6Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/highdes2/public_html/catalog/controller/startup/event.php on line 9Warning: mysqli::real_escape_string(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/highdes2/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 45Warning: mysqli::query(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/highdes2/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 18Warning: DB\MySQLi::query(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/highdes2/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 20Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/highdes2/public_html/catalog/model/design/layout.php on line 6Warning: mysqli::real_escape_string(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/highdes2/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 45Warning: mysqli::query(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/highdes2/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 18Warning: DB\MySQLi::query(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/highdes2/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 20Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/highdes2/public_html/catalog/model/design/layout.php on line 16Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/highdes2/public_html/catalog/controller/common/column_left.php on line 48Error: A theme has not been assigned to this store!Warning: mysqli::close(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/highdes2/public_html/system/library/db/mysqli.php on line 61Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/highdes2/public_html/system/library/log.php on line 14Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/highdes2/public_html/system/library/log.php on line 14

Post by HDBadmin » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:04 am

Update: I have redirected the main page to our test site but you can still see the errors by visiting http://highdesertbotanicals.com/bitters-kits

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:07 am

Are all of the DIR paths correct and is this on the same hosting account?

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
2 Week FREE Trial of Astra Firewall and Malware Scanner
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by HDBadmin » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:35 pm

Yes, I double checked the DIR paths and I know the mysqli.php file exists in the specified folder. I copied all of the files to an archive folder, did a clean reinstall, connected it to my database, then slowly started copying files back from the archive. I finally hit on a file in the catalog controller, that is related to the blog extension I'm using, which seems to be causing the whole problem. I'm still not sure how it's causing a problem but if that file exists, the whole site breaks and if it doesn't, the site works mostly fine, and I still have no idea why it worked on one domain and not the other.

So now I have an almost fully functional site, just need to work out a couple of wrinkles with the extensions.

Post by danielb143 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:33 pm

Hi @HDBadmin,

Could you tell which controller file it was? And what code caused the issue? I'm having the same issue.

Thanks a lot

Post by johnp » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:38 pm

Try installing a clean version 2.0.3.2 in a sub folder and adjusting the config file paths and connect to the database copy. If you can get a connection with a clean version you can debug the copied version.

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD lover, user and geek.
Affordable Service £££ - Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
FREE Guidance and Advice at https://www.ecommerce-help.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK