Post by quintal » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:23 am

I've looked for answers but can't find any...
After a lot of different ways of trying I finally have been succesful in upgrading my shop from 1.5.6.4 to 2.1.0.2. It looks like everything is running without errors, but not an single image is showing.
I have uploaded my pictures to the new location image/catalog, and if I open the image manager the various maps are in there and showing, so the location is correct, but no images. If I make an upload through image manager, it uploads the image and even gives a 'success' message, but the image isn't shown...
Anyone?

Post by straightlight » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:28 am

I have uploaded my pictures to the new location image/catalog
Ensure your config.php and admin/config.php files image path also indicates this location.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by quintal » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:49 pm

Yes, these are correct... (define('DIR_IMAGE', '/../../../image/');) and I placed the data folder in ímage/catalog. As I said, the folders are visible in image manager and upload works, but the folders look empty and images don't show. Just as an uploaded image, it's give a success message, but doesn't show anywhere...???

I've also checked with the data folder in just image/, but then nothing (no folders nothing) shows in image manager, so the route to image/catalog is good...

Post by straightlight » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:13 pm

See in the Developers Tools - > Console tab if you have error messages when loading File Manager.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by quintal » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:50 am

Sorry, where can I find that?
And, I don't get any error messages...

Found it already. When I upload a picture through Image manager, it gives a success, but the image doesn't show. If I then check the upload section, it's empty...

Post by straightlight » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:20 am

Follow the install.txt file from the OC ZIP file. Your CHMOD settings must be set recursively on the specified folders.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by quintal » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:47 pm

Thanks, but already done that, to be sure there are all 777, so that's not it...

Post by straightlight » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:42 am

Look in your Developers Kit - > Console tab by hitting F12 on your keyboard when entering the File Manager. Forum rules.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by quintal » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:29 am

No, nothing worth mentioning there...

What I have done today, as a test, I did a complete new installation of opencart 2.1.0.2, with another URL, with a completely empty, new database and no further changes, as if I would start today with a webshop..., and here I have the same problem. However, the only difference is that all the images can be seen in the admin and on the live site, but as soon as I use image manager, also only empty folders and no images there.
I believe I have pretty much read all posts about this subject and have tried almost all the suggestions, but since it also happens now with a completely new 'clean' installation, I think it's strange (it's also not due to my browser, tried several) and am open for suggestions.

Post by straightlight » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:16 am

Since you are not using a recent version of OC, this issue might also be related to the jQuery version you are using and the jQuery method modifications that's been changed over the years via the themes.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by standouglas » Sun May 05, 2019 12:19 am

I am having the same problem. When I use the upload manager I get get a success message and then nothing is displayed. If I try to add a product and use one of the demo images the folders are displayed like product, manufacturer and banner but no images show. I have not deleted any of the demo images. The original demo displayed all the images in the store.

Post by quintal » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:33 am

Hi standouglas, have you found a solution for this problem yet?
I have installed a new OC (2.3.0.1.) for a new store, but it still has this problem...

Post by OSWorX » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:20 am

quintal wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:33 am
I have installed a new OC (2.3.0.1.) for a new store ..
What for do you think, 2.3.0.2 does exist?

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria