Post by kit_kit » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:16 pm

After migrating my opencart 2.2 to another server,
my SEO URL for category doesn't work anymore .
my step of migrating is as below
1. copy all the files from public_html to another server copy all in public_html
2. click on phpadmin in cpanel , select my mysql databased , export it out at xxxxxx.sql
3. create new mysql databased in new server exactly same name and password , on phpadmin select the database that i just created and press import xxxxxx.sql i exported earlier .
4. point my domain from old hosting to new hosting , wait for hours ,website is up . looks normal .

things i have tried
1. once press category (with SEO URL address ) from menu bar , it doesnt work .
2. new incognito windows for chrome. do the same ,doesn't work .
3. never click from the bar , directly type mysites.com/seo-url-defined , still doesnt work .

anyone can help ? any professional migration over here ?
in addition , both also i haven apply ssl before , so ignore http or https issue .it doesnt seems like.

Post by xxvirusxx » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:37 pm

You made changes in config.php after migration?

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:44 pm

Have you double checked to make sure you manually moved your .htaccess file over? This is hidden by default in an FTP client. Also, make sure you clear your OC and browser cache and check with your new hosting provider to make sure mod_rewrite is enabled on the server.

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by kit_kit » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:55 pm

xxvirusxx wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:37 pm
You made changes in config.php after migration?
i did not because my mysql username and password are both same. name and pass .

Post by xxvirusxx » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:05 pm

Some servers use home, home2, so better check on Cpanel
You can try to re import database again, try to delete ocmod cache from server, vqmod cache if you have.

If you can't fix, contact me on PM and I will help you for free.

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by kit_kit » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:18 pm

EvolveWebHosting wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:44 pm
Have you double checked to make sure you manually moved your .htaccess file over? This is hidden by default in an FTP client. Also, make sure you clear your OC and browser cache and check with your new hosting provider to make sure mod_rewrite is enabled on the server.
it works perfectly after i move my .htaccess file . thanks a million in helping .
anyway , if its already works . will the mod_rewrite still important ? as in if i never enable it will any function not working later?

Post by kit_kit » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:22 pm

xxvirusxx wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:05 pm
Some servers use home, home2, so better check on Cpanel
You can try to re import database again, try to delete ocmod cache from server, vqmod cache if you have.

If you can't fix, contact me on PM and I will help you for free.
i try to move .htaccess and it works at the moment ,can i keep it for next time if i face any problem ? haha..thanks a lot .

Post by xxvirusxx » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:25 pm

So .htaccess was missing. :)

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:45 am

kit_kit wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:18 pm
EvolveWebHosting wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:44 pm
it works perfectly after i move my .htaccess file . thanks a million in helping .
anyway , if its already works . will the mod_rewrite still important ? as in if i never enable it will any function not working later?
Since it's working now that your .htaccess file is in place, that also means mod_rewrite is enabled on the server. Glad you got it figured out.

Opencart Hosting Plans, Domain Registration, Microsoft and Google Email and More
Visit our website for great deals and most importantly, fast and friendly support - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA