Post by daveygz » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:33 am

I have had an opencart 1.4.9 running for a long time, flawlessly. The server it was hosted on was upgraded so the PHP scripting became worthless. Errors galore. Next the "no updates from 1.4.x to any higher version that worked. Not that I could get to work anyway. Just so you know, I'm not a programmer nor do I claim, or want to be. I am not "digging into code" to make an upgrade work. So a clean start, with 3.0. and this is the home page:

Code: Select all

Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 0 of 5 bytes in /home/shopdestroked/public_html/index.php on line 63
Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 0 of 5 bytes in /home/shopdestroked/public_html/index.php on line 63
Warning: Missing argument 1 for Cache::__construct(), called in /home/shopdestroked/public_html/index.php on line 126 and defined in /home/shopdestroked/public_html/system/library/cache.php on line 23Notice: Undefined variable: adaptor in /home/shopdestroked/public_html/system/library/cache.php on line 24Notice: Undefined variable: adaptor in /home/shopdestroked/public_html/system/library/cache.php on line 29
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Error: Could not load cache adaptor cache!' in /home/shopdestroked/public_html/system/library/cache.php:29 Stack trace: #0 /home/shopdestroked/public_html/index.php(126): Cache->__construct() #1 {main} thrown in /home/shopdestroked/public_html/system/library/cache.php on line 29
[/size

I exported the database that has been growing for over 5 years so I could import my data back into the cart. Well, guess that's a snafu as well. Seems all the table structures are changed and data from 1.4.X will not go into any other table structure for any other version (not ever 1.5.x)

Brilliant. so now I have the task of entering in all this data by hand from my exported db into the new database. Brilliant open cart, Brilliant.
I am open for any reasonable solutions/fixes. This is a nightmare and it's killing me.

Post by straightlight » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:45 am

Yeah ... the best thing to do right now would be to restore backups and seek for professional assistance from the Commercial Support section of the forum to do the upgrade.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:21 am

Brilliant. so now I have the task of entering in all this data by hand from my
exported db into the new database. Brilliant open cart, Brilliant.
Well, a lot of Win-XP Stuff is no longer capable to work on a Win10, by Nature of
Computer Things, anyone around Computers should know that already. And the same
is valid, when it comes to Online Software, again, by Nature of things. So better don't
blame others, it's really no their fault, that you know have a problem. ... 8)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by daveygz » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:11 pm

Point taken IP_Cam

Post by Johnathan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:27 pm

You're definitely not alone in wishing for a better upgrade script / one-click upgrade button. Lots of people have requested it, and hopefully one day it becomes a reality, but the technical work of that is significant.

Unfortunately, it's probably not going to happen for older versions anyway, so your best bet when upgrading from OpenCart 1.5 or 2.x is to hire someone to do it. If you need to find a developer, you should post a request in the OpenCart "Commercial Support" forum, which is checked by a number of OpenCart developers. You can also try checking out the OpenCart "Partners" area.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator