Post by jusmeig1 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:44 pm

Hi there,

I recently migrated an opencart site from a very old PHP version to a new host capable of running up to PHP 7!
The migration went fine, and the only things I needed to change were the paths in the config.php files.

Problem
After the migration the server response time has seriously degraded, from about 200/300ms to 4-5 seconds. A HUGE drop!

Troubleshooting so far
I have checked permissions on cache folders, cleared them down and Opencart successfully regenerates them, so im fairly confident this is not the cause.
/images/cache/*
/system/storage/cache/*

I've asked the new host to see if DB connections are taking longer, they may be able to help here?

Any other suggestions or action I can take to debug? Is there any profiling in Opencart that I can enable to try find the culprit?

Many thanks,

Justin

Post by psxgamer » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:45 am

Are you on shared hosting? If yes your new hoster has probably got a lot more website running on the same server resulting in slower response times.

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:24 am

would be much simpler, to add a Link ;)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by sdsoftware » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:58 am

ofcourse it would be nice to drop us a link like the above said.
My piece of advice.. Get reliable and professional hosting service!!!!
I say that because opencart is super fast in adition to other platforms.

Software Support And Development www.sdware.eu
Ccookie Module || Admin Category/Manufactory/Attribute Filter || Admin Customizer || Bank Tranfer Extended
Business Inquiries Here
My extensions Page Here

Post by MrPhil » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:42 pm

What version of OC? What is a "very old" version of PHP, and what are you now running on? Were you the only user on the old system, and now you are sharing a server with a thousand other sites? Hardware and system software levels on the old and new servers? The old server might have been finely tuned (although back-level PHP), and the new one doesn't know what they're doing. Did you check your .htaccess and php.ini files when you brought them over? Maybe you're specifying something that slows you way down on the new system, and you need to work with support to tune settings. All other thing being equal, PHP 7 should run faster than earlier versions, but it's unlikely that everything else is the same.

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:46 pm

well, the first and last visit of the fellow, starting this topic, was on 05 Apr 2017,
so, he probably won't be doing much anymore with OC, I assume ! :laugh:
just to mention it!
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland