Post by chrisgwynne » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:38 am

Hi guys

Need help, please! Been trying to figure and work this out all day.

I'm in the middle of moving opencart from one server to another. ALL files have been moved across, and database has been loaded in.

Config files have been edited in public_html and in admin to reflect changes in addresses and such. Upon trying to simply view the website I'm continually presented with access denied, 403.

I've looked at all the permissions and such all are correct. Prior to the move, on the old server, the website was fully operation.

Note: Currently, new address is defined by a IP address rather than a full domain name address. Does this make a difference? Will putting in the full address fix the 403 error?

Cannot for the life of me think of anything else I can do to change and fix this error.

I've tried a fresh install of opencart and this works, so it's not a problem with the server I'm on.

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:50 pm

What do you have in your .htaccess? How is it different to the fresh install of OpenCart you did?

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by OSWorX » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:30 am

chrisgwynne wrote:I've tried a fresh install of opencart and this works, so it's not a problem with the server I'm on.
So, what is the difference in the most important files: config.php (2x) and .htaccess (if enabled).
You did also not mention which version you are using, with 2.3.x you have also additonal settings in the system/config folder.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria